Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting blood gloves

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by andyishuge, Mar 17, 2004.

1. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Crafting blood gloves

This probobly isnt the right forum, I'm sorry if it isnt.

I've been wanting to craft some blood gloves for quite a while, and I've been wondering if the quality of the gloves has anything to do with the quality of the mods you get. Also, anyone know where I can find some nice vampirebone/sharkskin gloves? I've been doing runs all over the place for hours and havnt found a single pair, it's driving me cray cray.

2. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

the quality really doesn't matter, but the ilevel of the gloves do, so you should look for them in places with a high monster level (i.e., the pit, ancient tunnels, worldstone keep, etc.) also i don't know if it affects the quality of mods, but it affects the amount of mods you can get. the quality of mods is probably determined by the level of the crafter, but i'm not sure of that either. the quality of the jewel doesn't seem to matter. as far as finding them, just keep doing runs for other things and eventually you'll happen upon a pair, but it takes time and no one keeps random magic items for trade.

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

You need: Heavy Gloves or Sharkskin Gloves or Vampirebone Gloves, Jewel (any), Nef Rune (#4), a Perfect Ruby and a character.

Base item lvl of gloves is not important but their item lvl is. For instance: base item lvl for Heavy Gloves is 7 but ilv of a particular couple dropped in Hell Pit will be ilvl = mlvl = 85 or even higher.

The second important factor is clvl.

4. andyishuge

Ahh thank you, that cleared quite a bit up for me. As far as my progress, I've now exhausted over a 400,000 gold, and countless hours of pit/trav runs and have not found a single pair of good heavy/shark/vampirebone gloves. I think I'm just gonna stick with a unique.

5. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

I think that 1.10 may have changed the crafting process somewhat. I would gamble all your gloves -- that seems to be the easiest way by far to get the raw material. As far as being the "right level" -- yeah, you want to make sure that it is high enough to get the best affixes (20% IAS, etc) but not high enough to get the [email protected]#-y charges affixes. That said, as far as I can tell, even if you are gambling with a lvl 99 character, there is only a 7% chance or so that you will get an "avoidable" charges suffix. To me, that is really not enough to worry about, so I normally just gamble with my lvl 89 MFer, who has all the damn gold anyway.

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nope. Only a couple of rare affixes were added and thus improving crafted items as well.

I've started crafting Blood gloves as well, and after only 10 tries nothing anywhere near good has appeared. I had hoped to be a bit more lucky.

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've seen nothing better than the old .09 limits. :(

on gloves. :)

i have crafted some ammy's with ridiculous added str/dex.

8. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

I've searched around a bit, but I can't find this Tao, only the Poison one. May I have the link to it?

9. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I find this to be very interesting. I didn't know there was a formula for crafting, I always thought it was solely c level dependant, but I guess it makes sense. Thanks for the info. Is there someplace we can see the scale of what attributes we can role at each combonation? ie what we can and cannot get at 120?

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That's not the real formula for crafting though, it's only for getting the optimal Alvl for crafting Heavy Gloves.

Crafting Ilvl = int(0.5 * Clvl) + int(0.5 * old_Ilvl)

If you want to know what you can get with Alvl 57 Heavy Gloves follow this link.

11. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

Interesting. So by using a lower level character, we are eliminating the higher level mods: the charges we will never use. I had only crafted amulets in the past. This is great information. Thanks alot! :thumbsup:

12. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

As I wrote before I hade quoted a fragment (a little one - for andyishugs questions only) of "THE TAO OF ROLLING, CRAFTING, BUYING AND GAMBLING (DRAFT V0.01)". Original text was posted on Statistcs Forum for a quite long time ago. I copied it for private use since I found this text higly informative. Unfortunately I never saved the link or posters name (yes, I am an idot - I know). Furhermore I am afraid that this post was destroyed under the latest "Thread storm". If somebody knows somethig more about this "missig link" or at least remember author´s name - post it!

13. andyishuge

Once again, thanks alot. I've still had minimal success with the glove finding process. I got an awesome pair of sharkskins, and it turns out they were ethereal. Just my luck :scratch:

I've used up all the gold on 2 characters gambling, so I'll just stick to hunting around for 'em. I'm no longer in a huge rush to craft some.

14. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

I did some crafting tests long time ago (~3 months ago) with my blanc-test level 80 Barbarian. I have equipped him only with the necessary items: Magic Heavy Gloves/Sharkskin Gloves/Vampirebone Gloves/ Nef Rune/ Perfect Ruby/ Jewel and did some massive copy/paste. Hundreds of crafting tests were done; my main score was to find out the level range requirement when crafting is done. To find out the pattern/formula/logic between the starting level requirement of the magic glove and the level of the crafted product. But I did not succeed (did some thinking about starting a thread in the rpgforums). Most of the crafts were done for the Vamp gloves (more then 80%) and my conclusion it’s always better to have Vamp gloves for the job (because they always have higher defense at least). And the modifier’s you will get are the same (same mod’s will spawn on any type of glove). Once I got for a level 5 heavy gloves level 91 crafted. But as far as I remember the full range of the crafted gloves was from ~34~94. For a level 50 vamp I got once something like 34 crafted?!. As RTB wrote it’s very hard to get nice modifiers. You have to be really lucky.

sorry for any spell mistakes, English is not my mother language

15. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

the "tao" rocked. but, i think the rules for crafting are different though. i need to check the ".nu" site.

16. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Charsi, Gheed, Fara and Elzix in Nightmare (but not Hell) can sell Sharkskin gloves.

Nobody sells Vampirebone gloves, unfortunately.

Shop-bought items are reasonably good for crafting, since the ilvl of a purchased item is equal to your clvl + 5, which may well be higher than you're finding from monster drops.