Crafting belts and rerolling charms

Klæmint Vágadal

Diabloii.Net Member
Crafting belts and rerolling charms

Im gonna look abit into crafting blood belts, since they can get som handy mods, but which belts do I wanna craft? Vampier, Sharkskin, Spiderweb ect ect:scratch:

And a scond question, is it a bad idea to start rerolling charms and hoping for Ar/Life mods(Its for my BvC:smiley: )? Ofc Max Dmg doses not hurt:rolleyes: If I were to do this, what Ilvl charms schould I choose? Anyone ever tryed this?

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
I think most ppl craft exceptional version of belt for the lower lvl requirement

If you roll charms better use baal gc (GC dropped by Nihlathak/Diablo/Baal) so you can have a hope to roll one with 45 life.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Any elites you find, happen to gamble, or see in vendor shops, should be crafted, assuming they're of the type you want to craft. If your inventory is getting full of gems, jewels and runes, though, the very moment you start thinking 'I'm running out of space' is the point you should use them on exceptionals, which are mostly for trading purposes. Either you trade the supplies to make space or you trade the resulting crafts (selling the ones that don't), if you don't have an immediate use for such crafts.

ILvl91 or higher grand charms are ideal for rerolling, and only a charm that'll get you at least as much as such a provable charm (i.e. 41-45 life suffix-only) would be worth stopping rerolling it. Any other charm from ILvl85 monsters will do for anything else, and then any decent affixes are worth keeping.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
For blood belts, IMO only craft mesh belts, ie exceptional version of "Belt", as the elite version is pretty heavy, ie 106 Strength required.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
For blood belts, IMO only craft mesh belts, ie exceptional version of "Belt", as the elite version is pretty heavy, ie 106 Strength required.
Definately a good point. The idea behind blood belts is usally to get the handy life/OW mods, with a nice fat strength bonus. Mesh belts strike a nice balance between strength requirement (58, not so hard for most melee classes that'd use one), and defense, plus they have four slots.

Klæmint Vágadal

Diabloii.Net Member
So Mesh belts or other execptionals is the way to go? Thats a great help :smiley: But what is wrong with Sharkskin and Demonhide belts? They have even lower rq. and the def is not that, and they all have 16 potion slots.

As for the charms, I guess that only Baal Gc's are worth rerolling. But what about small charms, can they spawn 3/20/20, even if they are not dropped by Baal, Nili or Diablo?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Snip from the page you listed: You can use the Normal, Exceptional, or Elite versions of items.
And the Normal, Exceptional, and Elite versions of "belt" are belt, mesh belt, and mithril coil. Belt only has 3 rows for potions and mithril coil requires 106 str, so I think Mesh belt is the way to go.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
So Mesh belts or other execptionals is the way to go? Thats a great help :smiley: But what is wrong with Sharkskin and Demonhide belts? They have even lower rq. and the def is not that, and they all have 16 potion slots.
Only belt is used for crafting blood belts.
Demonhide sash is for safety belts, where sharkskin belt is for caster belts.

Klæmint Vágadal

Diabloii.Net Member
Ohhh, my bad :undecided: I HAVE TO USE Belt/Mesh/Mitril...Guess im still a bit dizzy from working all night :rolleyes:

Btw; I just did a Meph run to get some cash for my Merc, guess what dropped? A 20+ Res Mara:grin: Crappy roll...but still, my first Maras! :thumbsup:

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Ohhh, my bad I HAVE TO USE Belt/Mesh/Mitril...Guess im still a bit dizzy from working all night

Btw; I just did a Meph run to get some cash for my Merc, guess what dropped? A 20+ Res Mara:grin: Crappy roll...but still, my first Maras!
Gratz on the mara :thumbsup:

Now gimme 10% service charge for my information I have told ya :evil:

DarkElmo

Diabloii.Net Member
I rare craft - but when i do my chance of getting anything worth wile is probly 1 outa every 5 crafts.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I rare craft - but when i do my chance of getting anything worth wile is probly 1 outa every 5 crafts.

Not bad odds, when you consider that that's only 5 pgems, 5 jewels you'd throw away anyway, a tiny bit of cash for gambling if necessary... and one rune. five runes + five pgems + some gold + trash = something useful? :thumbsup: gotta love it