Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting belts and rerolling charms

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Crafting belts and rerolling charms

Im gonna look abit into crafting blood belts, since they can get som handy mods, but which belts do I wanna craft? Vampier, Sharkskin, Spiderweb ect ect:scratch:

And a scond question, is it a bad idea to start rerolling charms and hoping for Ar/Life mods(Its for my BvC:smiley: )? Ofc Max Dmg doses not hurt:rolleyes: If I were to do this, what Ilvl charms schould I choose? Anyone ever tryed this?

2. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

I think most ppl craft exceptional version of belt for the lower lvl requirement

If you roll charms better use baal gc (GC dropped by Nihlathak/Diablo/Baal) so you can have a hope to roll one with 45 life.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Any elites you find, happen to gamble, or see in vendor shops, should be crafted, assuming they're of the type you want to craft. If your inventory is getting full of gems, jewels and runes, though, the very moment you start thinking 'I'm running out of space' is the point you should use them on exceptionals, which are mostly for trading purposes. Either you trade the supplies to make space or you trade the resulting crafts (selling the ones that don't), if you don't have an immediate use for such crafts.

ILvl91 or higher grand charms are ideal for rerolling, and only a charm that'll get you at least as much as such a provable charm (i.e. 41-45 life suffix-only) would be worth stopping rerolling it. Any other charm from ILvl85 monsters will do for anything else, and then any decent affixes are worth keeping.

4. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

For blood belts, IMO only craft mesh belts, ie exceptional version of "Belt", as the elite version is pretty heavy, ie 106 Strength required.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Definately a good point. The idea behind blood belts is usally to get the handy life/OW mods, with a nice fat strength bonus. Mesh belts strike a nice balance between strength requirement (58, not so hard for most melee classes that'd use one), and defense, plus they have four slots.

6. Klæmint Vágadal

So Mesh belts or other execptionals is the way to go? Thats a great help :smiley: But what is wrong with Sharkskin and Demonhide belts? They have even lower rq. and the def is not that, and they all have 16 potion slots.

As for the charms, I guess that only Baal Gc's are worth rerolling. But what about small charms, can they spawn 3/20/20, even if they are not dropped by Baal, Nili or Diablo?

7. AttilatheHuns

AttilatheHuns IncGamers Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I read your question right you are also asking which kind of belt to use. For a crafted blood belt, you only have three choices (Magic belt, Magic mesh belt, Magic mithril coil). http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafted/blood.shtml . The other responses seem to indicate the prefered choice of these is the mesh belt due to requirements.

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Snip from the page you listed: You can use the Normal, Exceptional, or Elite versions of items.

9. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You need ilvl 61+ to possibly get a 3/20/20. For GCs, you can get 132 AR at ilvl 49, so if your main focus is AR, I don't see a need for using Baal GCs.

http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/

10. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

And the Normal, Exceptional, and Elite versions of "belt" are belt, mesh belt, and mithril coil. Belt only has 3 rows for potions and mithril coil requires 106 str, so I think Mesh belt is the way to go.

11. IntelligentX

Only belt is used for crafting blood belts.
    Demonhide sash is for safety belts, where sharkskin belt is for caster belts.

12. Klæmint Vágadal

Ohhh, my bad :undecided: I HAVE TO USE Belt/Mesh/Mitril...Guess im still a bit dizzy from working all night :rolleyes:

Btw; I just did a Meph run to get some cash for my Merc, guess what dropped? A 20+ Res Mara:grin: Crappy roll...but still, my first Maras! :thumbsup:

13. IntelligentX

Gratz on the mara :thumbsup:

Now gimme 10% service charge for my information I have told ya :evil:

14. DarkElmo

DarkElmo IncGamers Member

I rare craft - but when i do my chance of getting anything worth wile is probly 1 outa every 5 crafts.

15. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Not bad odds, when you consider that that's only 5 pgems, 5 jewels you'd throw away anyway, a tiny bit of cash for gambling if necessary... and one rune. five runes + five pgems + some gold + trash = something useful? :thumbsup: gotta love it