Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafted Ogre Mauls?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Pherdnut, May 25, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Crafted Ogre Mauls?

Anybody ever try to get a high ED Ogre Maul with the Hit Power crafting recipe? Tir runes are so easy to find. I'm just wondering if I should bother trying to trade PGems for blue Ogres? Seems like one with 400+ ED and IAS would make for a pretty decent shapeshifter weapon but I don't have a lot of experience with such builds.

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

It would be possible sure, but think of it this way, the odds are astronomically low to get anything that beats even the windhammer or ik stone crusher. And even if u beat those u still cant beat a Botd ogre maul even with a perfect roll (450% 40% ias 2 sockets) since ur craft cant spawn ethereal.
    Id waste my runes and gems on crafting zerker axes instead :D (a 360% ed 2 socket 40 ias fools zerker ~~).

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i like the idea of a bad ass 2-handed shape shifter and if i had the time i would love to craft some Champion Axes with the Blood recipe as they have -10 speed ..and nice tight range for 2-h dmg or Feral Axes with -15 and a 4fpa fury weapon with high ed just makes me droll hehe Also i agree with ICE : IK maul and Windhammer are hard to beat with a crafted Ogre Maul :(

4. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Is not just easier to get an eth Tomb Reaver? How much does a high ed 4 socks costs in Europe ladder, btw? ;)

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Max on it is 3 socks ferro :). Anyway i paid 20 ists for my 318% eth zoded one (35/15 and 34/15 jewels inside), i might have paid a little high but i couldnt be bothered to haggle and i wanted it fast :). A near perfect 3 socket eth one can be very very pricey though, a buddy of mine was offered a perf eth zoded dc + 298% eth zoded stormlash for his 278% 3 socket eth one and he turned it down :D .