Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafted item q's / comparisons

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Xenon[XoA], Sep 2, 2006.

1. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Crafted item q's / comparisons

or reassurements I suppose.
    I checked arreat, it said there's a max of 4 affixes as opposed to the 6 on rares - but is this limited to an even split, like 2 prefix, 2 suffix? or Just 4 randomly?

I ask, b/c I can't figure out if its more worthwhile to pskull reroll an eth rare zerker, or craft blood zerks.

I went through the affixes, and noted down the desirable ones:
    prefix
    Cruel: 200-300ed
    Fools: max/Ar on clvl
    Masters: 151-250ar, ? to 150ed

suffix
    Quickness: 40ias
    Slaughter: 15-20 max
    Transcendence: 15-20 min
    Selfrepair/fastrepair: rep dura
    Bear: knockback
    Simplicity: -30% req
    Winter: Cold damage

The last 3 suffixes don't seem all important, all things considered.

The eth rare would have the innate 50% more base damage, as well as (ideally) 450ed max with fools, 250 ar, 40 ias, 15-20 min, rep dura.
    a 2os mechanic spawn wouldn't be as nearly as useful (damage wise), as say the ed/ar from Masters i'd think.. But the potential weap-speed bonus might be worth it. I'm going off on a tangent at this point i think though.

When It comes to the crafted zerk - It can't be ethereal, or so have I been informed, so it'd lose 50ed right there. But would that be more than 50ed, since it'd have a lower base damage to modify? I suck at math, if you havent noticed :x
    Blood crafts get up to 65ed innate, 20 life, 4LL... so Ideal roll with 4 affixes (if not limited to a 2/2 split) would be Cruel, fools, masters, quickness? Total of 510 potential ed, 40 ias, ar/lvl, 250 ar, 20 life, 4LL.

I also heard somewheres that 300ed is max possible spawnable with fools. I don't understand why it would be so; If this is true, could someone please explain? after I've written this, i think the eth rare zerk'd be better, but I'm still kinda unsure.

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

It doesn't need to be an even split, but it follows the same rules as rares, in that you can only get a max of 3 suffixes or 3 prefixes. So assuming you do roll all 4 additional affixes, you could get 3 prefixes + 1 suffix, 2 prefixes + 2 suffixes or 1 prefix + 3 suffixes.

Master's prefix would provide 151-250 attack rating, 101-150 ED%.

Master Prefix group ID = 111
    Cruel Prefix group ID = 105
    Fool's (Trump) Prefix group ID = 111

Subsequently, you will not be able to get the Master's prefix and the Fool's prefix on the same item. Also, the Grinding (Gritty) Prefix has a group ID of 105, which is the same as the Cruel prefix, so you couldn't fall back on that either, in the event that you wanted to.

Correct. If you craft an ethereal item it'll lose it's ethereal property. The extra 50% base ED given by the ethereal property is better than an extra 50% ED given by a magic affix. Take the following 2 hypothetical examples:

Normal Berserker axe with 300% on weapon ED:
    Base Weapon Damage = 24 to 71
    Total Weapon Damage with 300% ED = 96 to 284

Ethereal Berserker axe with 200% on weapon ED:
    Base Weapon Damage = 24 to 71
    Base Ethereal Weapon Damage = 36 to 106
    Total Weapon Damage with 200% ED = 108 to 318

Even though the ethereal berserker axe has 100% less ED, it still results in more damage. This is because the 50%ED from the ethereal property is applied before any other on-weapon ED%, and therefore improves the base damage that any other magical source of ED% amplifies.

Crafted blood weapons can get up to 60% ED through the crafting recipe itself, not 65%. Still, you're ED% calculations are correct :scratch:

Remember though, the fool's prefix wouldn't be able to spawn with the master's prefix.

Yes, that's true, because that spawn would be the Cruel prefix + Fools prefix (and subsequently the lack of Master's prefix).

3. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Thanks orphan!

Soes, I think i need bulk pskulls now :s

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Also abuse imbues if you wish. The berserker's axe high qlvl (85) will ensure that it'll always have an alvl of at least 71. This is more than enough to get the Cruel + Master + whatever other prefixes you wanted. Also, an imbued ethereal item will remain ethereal, so if you find some ethereal berserker axes, you can rush some level 8 chars to charsi on normal and imbue.

Did you change your avatar again, I preferred the old one :tongue:

Edit: Err, you wouldn't be able to get the Transcendence suffix though, since it requires an alvl of 76.

5. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Yah, that's what I was thinking. mostly because I'm far too lazy to mf for an eth rare zerker :s

I change my ava a lot... depends on uh.. iuno, boredom? bored a lot it seems. Which one? The Haruhi one?

edit: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1867/haruhibam80df0.gif
    That one? I can't upload it anymore since I'm bronze now, stead of silver++.. 1kb less reqs, and its over the limit.
    zz.. madness. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1585/hhpp4ax8.gif
    2.2kb under the limit, and it's not animating -.-

6. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Yea, that's the one. It's over the file size limit, or the image size limit?

Edit: Don't worry, saw your edit.

7. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

filesize limit (20.4kb). silver gets 20.5kb or it did when I uploaded it, bronze gets 19.5kb.

oh. 2nd one's under the size, but not dimensional limits -_-

edit: heh.. all these edits :s

Awesome =P
    Tnks+1

8. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Get ready to grab it from my avatar. I just took down the colours of it, and now it's just under 19.5k, but otherwise there's not noticable changes. Let me know when you've got it, but you don't need to actually use it, it's just incase you ever wanted it :wink3:

Edit: Wasn't thinking for a second there. I just uploaded it to imageshack at http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4240/haruhibamrk2.gif if you want it.

Edit2: And there's your other one, with a width of 80 pixels: http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/189/hhpp1gr1.gif
    I just resized it, rather than cutting out some of the image itself.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It doesn't say explicitly anywhere that eth rares rerolls get noneth? Well, they do.

10. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

I was talking to Zodi, and he said that I'd only be able to pskull reroll these zerkers once, else the ilvl'd drop too far. Can you confirm this?

11. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Unless you want the Transcendance suffix, then the ilvl of the berserker axe doesn't matter at all. It could have an ilvl of 1, and it would still be able to get all the affixes you list above. This is because of it's high qlvl (85) which will always ensure that it'll have an affix level of 71, regardless of what it's ilvl is.

Also, helvete's right about the ethereal property being lost after using the rare reroll recipe, so if you definately want an ethereal rare berserker axe, you'll need to either find it, or imbue it.

12. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Aw ><
    I guess it'd only be worthwhile rolling diadems then...

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Since diadems/circlets can be gambled, I would spend my skulls on jewels, trying to get that ultimate low lvl duel jewel with 8 min dmg and -15% reqs. Then trade it for whatever you want to get ;)