Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafted Caster Rod?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dayne, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Dayne

Dayne IncGamers Member

Crafted Caster Rod?

Hi all.
    I recently started up a Cleric/Healer paladin and was looking around for a good scepter for him. I managed to trade for a Hand of Blessed Light the other day, and think it'll be the ideal weapon for me.
    BUT
    Anyone think it's possible to use the "Caster" recipe to make a scepter that would top it? It's a relatively cheap recipe (Tir, P-Amethyst, and a Jewel) to try out. Theonly obstacle would be getting the Elite Magical Scepters to use it on.
    Anyone bothered with it? What were your results?

2. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Save the pgems to get the Redeemer.

3. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

eh?

who would sell a redeemer for pgems, or anything eventually attainable through massive pgem collecting...

4. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

I craft caster & hitpower rods and a few other things to keep my gems under control. The results are mixed. Once in a while i'll manage a high ed%, like 189 on a Holy Water Sprinkler, or 150 %ed on a Seraph Rod, but as far as useful usable skills go, you might get +1 Meditation, or +1 Salvation, but other than that, none have exactly been great. I think i managed 8% FCR on 1 scepter, but since crafted mods can be many, it often upp's the required level considerably. Unless you have a surplus of gems to vapourate, are tripping on Tir runes, and happen to be blessed with 100% chance to find another worthless jewel, it's not something i'd relentlessly pursue.

5. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Actually yes. Much more so before 1.10 though. I used to buy everything for pgems and then trade them up for better items. I still collect pgems though. Just a few days ago i sold 80 pamythist for a jah and ber. Now, i wouldn't ay this is common, and im sure i got a great deal, but i believe pgems still have their place.