Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

craft only melemancer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Royaumm, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

I have been running an untwinked melemancer through the game and all his gear is crafted! The verdict: This is actually so much fun!! I love my crafting necro! He has a really hard time in hell lol but that makes the game challenging and fun! And finding gems feels like finding hrs!

I also have him using iron golem for my bad crafts or good uniques that I am not letting my necro wear lol. I do have a question tho. Is there any crafting recipe for polearms? I wanna use a blessed aim merc and idk if I can craft him any weps... I'm not sure what to do! Should I just use a rare polearm?

edit: I have only got the supplies to craft each piece of his gear about 3 times except the rings which are what I am currently focusing on as blood rings are worth something if they are good even for characters that don't use only crafted gear. Whereas a blood helm is not the best choice for anyone but my nec :p

2. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

You could try this recipe:

Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon
    ivl = 50. The polearm will always have the Savage prefix (66-80% Enhanced Damage) and has a chance at getting a suffix as well. The polearm will be one of the following, selected randomly: Bardiche, Battle Scythe, Bill, Halberd, Lochaber Axe, Partizan, Poleaxe, Scythe, Voulge, War Scythe (put another way, any normal polearm or any exceptional polearm other than Bec-de-Corbin and Grim Scythe).

It is not technically a crafted item, but it is cubed from pieces and gives you a chance at a good beatstick.

Otherwise, use this on a spear:

Safety Weapon
    Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Spear or Javelin
    Sol Rune
    Perfect Emerald
    Any Jewel
    + (5-10%) Enhanced Defense
    Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2)
    Damage Reduced By (1-4)

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  3. okey

okey Diabloii.Net Member

try hitpower weap for golems as its arguably cheaper and u might be able to get a good rare or possibly a unique/set while gambling for the mauls/hammers

for merc gear, early on use what ioupainmax suggested, hope for a bill or partizan then reroll with 3 chips to get sockets and to put -15req into, a good exceptional can last u til early nm which by then u should be able to easily replace with better weap.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Southpaw8668 likes this.
  4. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Blood helms fixed effects:
    5-10% Deadly Strike
    (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +(10-20) To Life

DS and LL can help every melee char/merc. On a lucky roll you can get FHR and resists too - great helm if you use only crafted gear.

5. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

I'm using a nice blood helm for my merc on my untwinked 99er.

Storm Shell
    Helm
    Defense: 29
    Durability: 18 of 24
    Required Level: 47
    Required Strength: 26
    Fingerprint: 0xefc63a68
    Item Level: 56
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
    3% Life stolen per hit (Max)
    10% Deadly Strike (Max)
    +57% Enhanced Defense
    +18 to Life (High-ish Roll)
    Cold Resist +19%

6. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

god I hope I get a helm like that! My nec is really struggling with resistances currently so I need more from my next crafts *fingers crossed*! His inventory is full of random res small charms and one psn sc. I am hoping to get some better charms for his dmg but until I get better gear he needs to keep all the stupid res ones. (Alot of them are from normal still :( they are like crappy single res charms). Since I am keeping him crafted only I think I'm not gunna make him a untwinked anymore and I might make some character with better gold/gem collecting to help upgrade the gear quicker. I just cant seem to get enough pgems especially since I need so many p rubies specifically. I dont really want to make another sorc tho... But i do want tele :(. I can use some of the items the nec has found so far to kinda gear a new char and i'm thinking about making a wind druid or a hammerdin. They arent gunna be that good obviously without a nigma but I think they would be fun. But I also might just bite the bullet and make a new sorc (maybe a light sorc) or I am hoping to start trading with my nec for some new charms or crafting supplies. He hasnt found any gg items obviously cus he doesnt really mf since I wouldn't use that he finds anyway but he has found like an occy/shaftstop. Those are probably worth some crafting supplies.