Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cracking Through Cyclone Armor

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Jova1, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Cracking Through Cyclone Armor

Need some advice for fireclaws bear vs wind druid.

Is there any tips or ways to negate cyclone armor and crack through it effectively. On a wind druid its high level and with synergies cyclone armor is very tough.

What works better against cyclone armor physical or elemental attacks?

Regarding tornado, they cause you to go into the faster hit recovery animation and hit more then once as they pass through you, correct?

Will more faster hit recovery work better against tornado. Does it have stun, didn't think it had stun. Because stun = no fhr and therefore more fhr is pointless. Is this true.

So what is effective against tornado.

There is a influx of wind druids now in dueling games and alot of them have bad manners.

What happen to the days when most druids were well mannered :thanks:

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Cyclone armor doesn't protect againt physical attacks. :)

Tornado will only make you go into FHR if they do more than 1/12 of your life. Twisters is different however, it will always stun you. More FHR will help though.

3. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

when 1.10 came out, ppl realized how powerful the wind skills became (i'm sure it started with someone who made one just for the hell of it then everyone caught on) and began to make wind eles... so essentially, all those ppl from 09 that made buggazons and such made wind eles... thus giving Druids a bad name -.-
    i have just recently finished my wind ele, but he's just for mfing purposes... he soloed hell baal at lvl 78, i'd say that's one overpowered build if you ask me ;)
    i was expecting some sort of challenge...
    but anyway, i still keep my manners unless i'm in a pubby game and no one else has manners... hell, i just beat a pally and a sin that jumped me at the same time! the pally even used life tap, and still lost.. i think that 7k life had something to do with this though ;)

wind eles do 2 types of dmg... cold(hurricane) and physical(tornado)... i'm sure you can figure out how to defend against both of these... but since some of them teleport, then it's not always easy to beat them with a melee char... you just gotta be able to tank them
    a fireclaws bear shouldn't have much of a problem if he's got max dr (50) and good cold res/absorb... CA shouldn't be a real problem at all, a few hits and it's gone... then he's gotta recast it which means one second w/o a tornado... and if you land a hit while he doesn't have CA up, he's dead... unless he knows ur a fc bear and has loaded up on fire res/absorb... then ur screwed ;) unless you have a good physical attack...

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Definitely work on your physical damage, and get tons of run/walk. FHR will help against the Tornados and getting through his Hurricane to get close to him.

The reason some Druids are jerks these days is that they are now more viable in the public eye than they were before. With power comes corruption :(

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

And my guide had nothing to do with it right :hanky:

Best thing to get through cyclone are rapid, big damage elemental attacks (technically fireball is the best)

6. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Practically given up on beating wind druids, won't stop me dueling them though lol.

Physical damage 43-50 % depending on gear. Run walk is fine I can run away from their attacks, unless they teleport on top of me, and can chase them down and get close enough to attack.

FHR, can reach 6 frames and 5 frames. Maybe I should try and shift into wolf form to hit 3 frames FHR and sacrifice swing speed (5 frames instead of 4), defense etc.

Thing is I get close, tank 3-4 tornados and swing right on them and get a good 5-6 swings and do nothing to their life. Haven't figured out why yet.

From what I have observed cyclone armor is still up after several swings.

Fire claws is unblockable so its not being blocked by their shield, right?

Must be cyclone armor preventing damage.

Assuming 8k fire damage from fire claws and fully maxed, fully synergised cyclone armor, with a good number of plus skills and including all the penalties in hell pvp:

What amount of elemental damage will cyclone armor absorb?

How many swings are required with 8k fire damage to break through cyclone armor?

Not sure how to work it out myself. If it’s tedious to work out don’t both. Would be good to know though.

7. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

is resistence calculated before CA? if so, then i wouldn't be surprised if they had good fire res... in that case, it may take a LOT of swings to break it... that's where the physical dmg comes in... i think your best bet is to make another char more designed to beat them ;)
    i believe that it's a proven fact that not one single char can beat every other build there is... every build can be beat, you just gotta tailor a character for that purpose... but by the time you get there (maybe before) you might begin to ask yourself "is it worth it? where will it get me? so what if i can beat one build, what about the others? am i gonna have to build more characters to beat them too?" don't trouble yourself over something you can't beat... but don't stop trying ;)

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

People people...cyclone is BEFORE resist.

9. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Stack open wounds, hit them once, then run away and let them die :lol:

10. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

go rabies and see them turn green