Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cows Worth It?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Slaughterstubbs, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Slaughterstubbs

Slaughterstubbs IncGamers Member

Cows Worth It?

i have a level 89 fishymancer that i like to us for mfing. i was wondering if cows were worth it for mfing. i can do chaos sancturary with relative ease, but i get really annoyed at the IM. I rip through cows like hot butter and seem to find a lot of charms.... none good.

i was just wondering what TC hell cows were and if it is worth my time to do this rather than running chaos santurary while annoyed at IM.

thanks in advance

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Cows are great for mfing,ive gotten better stuff there than in chaos.

3. Forte

Forte IncGamers Member

Cows are Yummy!

I agree. Cows are a great source of items. Especially if you are looking for socketed items. Cows just seem to LOVE wepons covered in holes. Just keep at it. My advice, if you are looking for some private gaming but want monstrouse amounts of people in the game, join a game with lower lvls. They will all die and won't bother coming in. Then just reep your rewards. (also you could try herding a small fleet of cows into the red so as to stop any tresspassers). Peace.

4. Remlin

Remlin IncGamers Member

What a devious way to keep the cow farm private...I like it.

5. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Or join a baal run and create the portal. Full 8 player cows is amazing, but since you are a necro the above idea may be better, this strat works great for a zon.

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i don't see why not...great for socketables and gems..and the occasional nice find...although it might be easy to accidentally kill the king...where its something you don't have to worry about as a fury zon =)....

7. Grey

Grey IncGamers Member

I was just going to ask about that.. as a summoner, how do you keep the king safe? The dude's usually dead before I even see him on the screen...

8. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Why would you need to keep the king safe? Just open cows with another character.

9. thkleinp

thkleinp IncGamers Member

what if you only have one character, and what exactly does king prevent you from, making the level?

10. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Well if you kill the king, it assumes the cow king quest is over. So with quest done, you will not get to open the moo moo farm anymore.

11. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

The rarest unique ive gotten from cows was a boneflame,but the rarest rune...

12. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

cows is the only place ive found a hr (a sur also :p )ive found a few guls too but thats like stepping into a cow pat no one wants them that was last ladder
    diablos drops vary too much imo i might get 1 good drop every 20 runs from chaos where as cows are great for charm farming

13. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Lets see, ive gotten a mal and jah off the cows, as well as gheeds, gore etc. but ya, cows are one of the greatest places to mf, and its releatively easy to keep the king alive, just dont summon skeles. Think about it, you dont really need to. With a decent merc and a golem to tank, your merc kills first corspe and you explode it, killing 5 more cows, rinse and repeat and in 5 minutes youll have about 500 dead cows. =)