Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cows, pits, or where

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Venrae, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Venrae

Venrae IncGamers Member

Cows, pits, or where

I need to find elite white items for socketing.. and I was wonder where the best places to find elite white's would be...

Cows (what diff)
    Lvl 85 areas
    ACT bosses (Meph mainliy)
    Other?

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Act bosses never drop grey items, so that's no good.

Cows drop weapons and armor most often (and they come in very nice large groups and are rarely immune to anything...) but can't drop the best items.

Pit/lvl85 areas are good, can drop any grey item, but might be hard.

This is all hell diff.

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I find running hell pindle and killing his goons at his garden gives me some white elites hehe. Hell Cows also great just for the sheer numbers @@

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

This is not true. They can drop all white items, however the odds for dropping TC87 is very low compared with lvl85 areas. But IMHO they are the best for white/grey items from TC84 and below. So if you aim at Berserkers Axe, try Pit or WSK or other lvl85 area. If you want Archon Plate and have cow-killer character, go and hunt cows.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Ooops, double-check with ATMA proves my last post wrong! Cows CAN drop any gray item, however, as said, they drop the high end elites rarely, at best. But 8player game, cookie-cut character with no MF should still be able to get them ones in a while

6. Venrae

Venrae IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help guys..

I'm using a lvl 83 Light sorc with orb as backup.. I lost my alibaba the other day.... slightly off topic... but really anoying, I have no idea how i pulled it off.
    So I'm a wee bit low on the MF side, which is good for now... but I'm up to around -8 resists in hell last time i checked... so right now I've been running the pits. I can handle everything but the light&cold immunes... and my merc is around lvl 54... I'm thinkin I should lvl him a bit...

So I'm guessin that I should stay with the pits?

thanks for all the help guys.

~Venrae~

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I found a lot of nice socketed TC 87 items in Chaos Sanctuary and WSK runs. I suggest u try those if u have a char able to solo them in big games :), remember big games are important as quantity of drops improves when more players are in a game.

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Flayer Dungeon in Hell is a good place to find a lot of the more popular socketables. Archon is the highest level armor most players want. I also seem to remember Pindle giving good odds on Archon Plate.