Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cowazon other uses?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by woundead, Apr 2, 2005.

1. woundead

woundead Diabloii.Net Member

Cowazon other uses?

I am making a Cowazon and it seems it only needs LF(no synergies) to be effective, I have also put put one point inte dodge, evade etc and peirce and valk

In what way can you make it effective on other stuff except cowruns?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

A Lightning Fury amazon is very effective throughout all parts of the game...Except for a few areas..like Flayer Jungle with lots of lightning immunes. She won't be as exceptional a killer as she is in the cow level because most monster mobs aren't very big...so you can't unleash insane amount of lightning bolts as you can in the cow level.

3. woundead

yeah, I know, but I was wondering what to use the left over skillpoints for to make it more effective in other areas?

As a cowzon I will have alot +skills, so evade etc seem only to need 1 skillpoint and valk a little more, around 10, or is it worth maxing?

4. XZON

XZON Diabloii.Net Member

You wont be killing any boss's with LF. It is a crowd control skill only. CS for boss's, and a skill for dealing with LI. Physical damage skill like jab works well for single LI's and small groups. There are PI/LI's also. Options are poison skill, bow/Light Hybrid or so much -enemy light res that you can break immunities.

Eurocrash wrote a guide with LF that uses a bow as primary questing weapon focusing on multi and magic arrow. I also wrote a guide which is primarily lightening based (lots of +skills) which uses strafe and magic arrow for immunities.

5. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 Diabloii.Net Member

I hear they are awesome at running Pindle...

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy Diabloii.Net Member

I like to take valk to at least slvl 17, when she gets a War Pike. Often times I'll max it.

As for running other places, a good spear (3x shael'd up'd Hone Sundan, for example) is great on switch to deal with LI's, as it has massive damage and lots of CB.

As for skills? Well, to really maximize killing power, max LF, get Valk to a decent slvl, get D/A/E and pierce to your liking, then max Charged Strike and it's synergies. In the SPF's Lvl 99 Thread, there a few LF/CS zons, and they do a massive amount of damage to Baal because of their items/skill placement.

Anyway, read up on the guides about zons, and not just the ones based on LF.

crg

7. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

- enemy light resistance mod (on facets, Thunderstroke, Griffon's Eye) will not break immunities. Only Lower resists and Conviction can break lightning immunity. You can use a wand with Lower resist charges, but it can break only some immunities. But if it break them, -lightning resistance mod takes the effect then.

If you want this LF zon for running areas (with MF), I would say go pure lightning (LF,CS,30+ synergies). If you want to make another matriarch and then retire her, then go with a non-lightning seconadry skill (PJ+PJ or strafe or MA or FA+CA) - you will have easier questing.

8. XZON

XZON Diabloii.Net Member

I think that -res mod works at 25% efficientcy when enemy resistance is over 100% (immune). If a monster has 110% light res and you had -80% light res then the monster would end up with 60% light resistance but would no longer be immune. That is if light resistance works the same way as physical immunity which I think it does. A wand with lower resist on switch with crescent moon, faceted griffons, 4 faceted shield should be able to break just about any immunity. Correct me please if I am wrong.

9. Hrus

Hrus Diabloii.Net Member

You are wrong. If the monster has over 100% resistance (immune), -light resistance has no effect. (I know that for sure, I used to run WSK with a Lightning zon with Thunderstroke. Burning souls have 100 Lightning resistance, but are still immune.

Only when Lower resists or Conviction are used, Lightning immunity can be broken. That skill effectivness is 20% when breaking the immunities.
    So I use Lower Resists wand charges (37% lowered resistance) I can successfuly break immunities of monsters having 107 lightning immunity and less. (Most of LI monsters in Act 5).

After immunity is pierced, the -light resistance mod takes effect. If the immunity is not pierced, -light resistance mod doesn't take effect.

Example:
    Burning Soul (Throne room) 100% LR -> lowered by Lower Resist charge (-37x0.2) = 93% -> lowered by Thunderstroke (-15) = 78%.

Scarab (Act2) 110% LR ->lowered by Lower Resist charge (-37x0.2) = 103% -> still Immune

Note that Scarab in Act 5 (WSK2) has only 100% LR.

Piercing of physical immunities can be done by Amplify damage and Decrepify (by 20 PR / 10 PR)

10. XZON

XZON Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.

11. woundead

Thanks for replies.

What is the best skill to use to kill stray cows? Jab or some of the lightning melee skills?

12. XZON

XZON Diabloii.Net Member

Once I thin the crowd with LF, I used to use lightening strike. Most recently I have been using Charged Strike as I find it quicker. A good CS will take each cow down with one shot and may even send a few bolts past it to stun another cow or two.