Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow Runner

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SgtPPS, May 2, 2005.

1. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Cow Runner

Was thinking about making a poison necro to run cows for charms to reroll... I know I could make a javazon but I want to be a little different.

Well the gear I have:
    2x soj
    shako
    war travs
    skullders/vipermagi/valor
    3 piece trang
    rare +2 necro pnb
    and a few skillers
    weapon dont know

So I would at least get to 75 or so How would you place your skills and would this be a ok set up? Like I said I would be only looking for charms and gems.

2. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

The build doesnt really matter much. Just kill one cow, amp them all, then use corpse explosion. CE = Cow Killer. A summoner is good for holding the cows in one spot with his minions.

3. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

My Poison Nova necro killed hell cows super fast. I wore full trang and death web with +3 pnb amulet/soj/soj/marrows. I did 1 point in every summon skill, max the 3 poison skills, max Lower Resist for the huge area. Strategy was simple: cast LR, cast poison nova, recycle cows into revives, rinse, repeat. Also works great in The Pit since there are never poison immunes.

4. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

If you are looking for charms and gems just run Lower Kurast in Hell (open all chests and such). Cows aren't worth the trouble.

5. ToxicFlame

ToxicFlame IncGamers Member

Sorry for the noobish question but where is the pit located?

6. Sszark

Sszark IncGamers Member

Act 1, Tamoe Highland.

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Hell cows are actually pretty easily cleared with a well-equipped Poison Necro. You get other goodies too :D

8. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

It works so good that extreme care must be taken to not kill the king with your novas.

9. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

That equip you have should work just very fine with hell cows, as long as you stick to 1- or max 2-player games.
    After that, it will successfully get slower, even though it would work without a doubt. But since you are only in it for the finds, 1-player games usually are fine.
    Make sure king doesnt die too. Its easily happened that a nova hits him too, so you must be fast on "save&exit" if it happens...

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Your gear looks great though valor is a bit hefty on the str dept - i'd go with skullders+shako+war travellers if you dun want to use marrows for nicer bone armor.Cows are still good for finding socketables, rares, charms, uniqs ...though not uber TC hehe. Ya i agree a Death's Web and full/partial trang would be sweet ..unless you could have access to a Bramble :p If not perhaps a White wand with +2-3 poison nova would be viable i guess. Oh ya i assume you'd go with a might merc and if so i always find shaft+tals mask and an eth Obedience polearm to be a cheap yet effective gear for him in hell cows :p Also poison/summon necros would find Ancients Tunnels (Act 2, Lost City in a pink trap door, area lvl 85) a breeze as cadavers (poison immune) may at first thought be a problem but thats where the minions/merc +amp+ CE shines :p Hope i helped :D