cow questions

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
cow questions

1) if i open cows in a public game can anyone just enter the portal even if they aren't in my party?

2) in wich conditions, during a cow run in a public game, does the killing of the king affect me? (if the one doing the kill is in my party, or not, or i opened the portal, or .....)

That's about it.

thanks for any answers

Need a name

Diabloii.Net Member
1) anyone can enter the portal

2) I believe killing of the king will only affect you if you are partied with them thats why people who want to kill always unparty first but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Lord Nyax

Banned
1. Anyone can enter the Cow Portal. Only people who have completed the Baal quest in that difficulty will be able to take other people's town portals in, though.

2. Killing the Cow King only affects party members, and only people who have not already completed that quest. Think of it like the Baal quest. If you're not partied up, you can't "complete" the quest.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Correct

2. WRONG! You can get quest if someone kills the king whether you are partied or not. It depends on how close you are!

3. I open portal below gheed, rarely anyone will see you.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
2. WRONG! You can get quest if someone kills the king whether you are partied or not. It depends on how close you are!
I've been in many cow games and whenever someone wanted to kill the king they unpartied, did their business and then rejoined the group. We could always reopen the portal next game.

I believe I've been fairly close to the king when he's died a few times. Perhaps if you told us how close one must be to get the quest that would help avoid any confusion.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
The Cow King, by -Tempus- (from the Classic Forum)
Moo! All the pesky details concerning the rules for killing the Cow King and all the circumstances for which one may kill the king without ruining the quest flag for others. While this guide was written with D2Classic players in mind, the same rules apply to LOD (just substitute Baal for Diablo).
Community forum links :azn:

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
If that char can still make the red portal then everyone thats down in the cow lev will lose the "cow king quest" IF THEY ARE IN THE PARTY OR NOT
There. You should read the whole sticky because from the sound of your post you don't know enough about it.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, as I recall it's safe for anyone who CAN'T open the portal (either because they haven't killed Baal on that difficulty level or because they've already completed the Cow King quest) to kill the King. So the best thing to do is find someone who definitely can't open the portal and get them to kill the king in every game so no-one does it accidentally.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, as I recall it's safe for anyone who CAN'T open the portal (either because they haven't killed Baal on that difficulty level or because they've already completed the Cow King quest) to kill the King. So the best thing to do is find someone who definitely can't open the portal and get them to kill the king in every game so no-one does it accidentally.
if people would just do that or just run the king off and park him in each game. that would prevent so many people from messed up the quest.

-Tempus-