Cow Level

LiquidIce

Diabloii.Net Member
Cow Level

when i beat teh game (normal difficualty) and i tried to make the tp for secret cow level it dont work...it says i cant use this yet. any solutions?

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Note that you can only open the cow level-portal on a difficulty you've finished, meaning you have to go back from Nightmare to Normal difficulty.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
also if you or anyone in your party kills the cow king, you cant make another portal in that difficulty anymore

Smadrum

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
also if you or anyone in your party kills the cow king, you cant make another portal in that difficulty anymore
From what I've read, that's not necessarily true. If you either hit the cow king, or the cow king hits you (or even one of the charged bolts), then it counts. But if the cow king dies without either of those happening, you can still open the portal. I haven't personally tested this, but I did read it somewhere.

Elgar

Diabloii.Net Member
If someone who hasnt killed the king prior kills the king, all characters in that game get "credit" for the quest, and cant open the portal anymore.

However if someone who has killed the king kills it, nobody gets credit for the quest.

LiquidIce

Diabloii.Net Member
lol im not playing cow runs in public ne more my firned can make so usually when we see he leaves the party and lets me kill it since i cant make normal...:(

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Monkey said:
Note that you can only open the cow level-portal on a difficulty you've finished, meaning you have to go back from Nightmare to Normal difficulty.
That is true. I have also had a problem where I couldn't create a NM game after finishing Normal, and the same problem might keep you from opening cows. Exiting the realms and going back to the character screen, then taking the character back on the realms solved the problem.