Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow level Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dudzy, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Cow level Question

I was going to run cows but with my necro its kinda hard as my summons just kill everything and i cant see the king. I thought i herd somewhere that there was a way to re open the portal after the king was dead in sp but im not sure. Sorry if this is on the sight somewhere i couldn't find it. Thanks

2. Llathias

Llathias Banned

If you kill the Cow King, you can't open the portal with that same character in that same difficulty. However, if you MP with someone who hasn't killed the King, that person can open the portal and you can butcher the cows to your heart's content indefinitely.

3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

@Llathias on that you mean they can join your game and open and you kill everything?

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

The one who hasn't completed the quest opens the portal (I don't know if they have to be hosting, but I don't think so), the other one (who has already completed the quest) enters and kills everything. To avoid completing the quest, the portal-opening character should not be in the Cow Level when the king dies.

... or something like that... I never tried :badteeth:

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

The Cow King Guide

What I do with my Fishy is gently through the red portal with all my skellies, skirt the edge killing and CEing as I go. When I see that Cow King's Hide - the one with the BIG timber frame - I go the other way. TP out and come back in through the red portal if necessary. When I have cleared everything else, I unsummon all of my skellies so I can be more careful near the King. If it looks like the merc can kill him (IE not physical immune in my case), I quit out.