Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow Level Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by kumonawa, Mar 25, 2004.

1. kumonawa

kumonawa IncGamers Member

Cow Level Question

My friend and I have just completed diablo 2 in Normal mode. We went back in to do the cow level. My friend Transmuted his wirt's leg and tome to have the cow level, we cleared the stage and looted everything. Once we were done, I started my own game to do a cow level with my own Wirt's leg and tome but they will not transmute. Since I did my friend's cow level, am I no longer allowed to do my own?

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Within the Cow Level there is a quest which is completed by killiing the Cow King. Since neither of you have killed the Cow King before you both received credit for the quest and can no longer make the level in normal difficulty.

3. kumonawa

kumonawa IncGamers Member

Oh man, Isn't that a shot in the crotch. I have a useless Wirt's leg in my inventory. Well thanks.

4. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

u can always join other games or make another character :uhhuh:

5. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

If you want to do cows repeatedly, just make a new character and rush it through whatever difficulties you want cows on. Then when you and your friend want to do cows, get that character, open the portal, then swap back to another character. This way you can kill the king every time and still be able to open the cow level afterwards.

6. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Don't despair it was only normal cows. The real fun is yet to come and you know the trick now. DO NOT kill the Cow King. Toss the Writ's Leg on the ground, you do not need to keep it for anything. Each time you begin a new cow run you will need to acquire a new leg anyway. Another word of advice is do not ever make a public cow game if you want to keep running at that difficulty with that character. People will join the game in droves and someone is almost guaranteed to kill the king. People do not care about you or saving your game for future use so remember that. It's a harsh world in D2. On a positive note if you have friends that you TRUST you can team up and cow run the night away. Be sure to wipe out your mercs before starting so they don't do the deed. If you are using summons of any type you may as well resign yourself to the king getting killed as they are too hard to control.

Glenn

7. kimahri112

kimahri112 IncGamers Member

i know what to do with wirts leg, imbue it, i do it with all of my wirts leg, nutin else to use the imbue for, i have a collection, only like 6-7 now but i wanna get more, hehe

8. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

You're better off imbuing coronets/tiaras/diadems, nice mods turn up you might be able to fetch a nice sum from the right buyer.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To be precise, you (and all the others in the game as well, no matter if partied ot not btw.) lose the ability to open the portal if somebody killed the king who never did that before. If a charcter already killed the king and kills him again in the gane, nothing happens (except the king is dead ;)).

The king drops 5-10 stamina potions in the first case while he has a normal looking drop in the latter.