Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow King with Attitude

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GreyGhost, Sep 9, 2006.

1. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Cow King with Attitude

I often create duel games so I can mf in full games. Last night I was clearing the drifter cavern when I noticed a message, "NoobSorc has been slain by Hell Bovine," so I went to the rogue camp, found the portal in the bottom corner and cleared it until only the Cow King and a couple of his minions were left.

I didn't want to kill the king with my main mf barb just yet, and the sorc had left, so I got my zealot, thinking it would be a piece of cake. Wrong.

Cow King was not only Fanatic, but Extra Strong, Magic Resistant, Mana Burn, Lightning Enchanted and immune to lightning and physical. My zealot doesn't have vengeance, and my main weapon, Shaeffers, uses lightning, so I was screwed.

I left again and got my old ww barb, who is a mule now, and tried zerking the Cow King. This didn't work either, as he would burn my mana and after a while I couldn't zerk him again before he would regenerate health.

I left again and came back with my bliz sorc, with the mana burn lightning bolts all over the place she couldn't kill him either.

Keep in mind these are all level 85+ characters. I finally gave up and came back (for a fourth time) with the mf barb that I started with (he is built for key-running/ubers). After a good 5-minute battle my merc and I managed to take him down. This was a mini-uber quality cow king; he's not only tough to begin with extra people in the game dueling, but he got a really nasty combination of mods, the aura, and then the immune to physical ... jeez...

Still this Cow King was still a lot more challenging than say, Diablo or Baal.

2. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Those mods are randomly generated I guess you lucked out, but damn I'd like to fight that kind with those enchantments/auras :)

3. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

Did he drop anything good?

That would be a fun fight, actually. Most aren't, unfortunately.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

He would have also been Stone Skin to be physical immune, right?

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Well he IS the king...

6. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

He might have been stone skin too, it would explain why I had so much trouble with him. It was a fun battle, but not rewarding because he dropped a bunch of rares. There were a couple of elites, but not really useful mods.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Mana Burn is my all-time least favorite Mod on a monster. It's MEAN.

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I like Mana burn on Lister and gang. Overly arrogant hammerdins alway stand there, spam hammers and then get burned and stun lock. ;P

lucky for me, my 1 pt smiter performs much better.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

A few nights ago, I saw three boss archer packs clumped together in the Pits. All three bosses were aura enchanted; one with Fanaticism, one with Holy Freeze, and one with Conviction. I didn't stick around long enough to see what other nasty mods they also spawned with. :undecided:

10. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Hell yeah, I'd leave the game or run in the opposite direction. Staying behind is suicide. Fergeddaboutit.

Another group I hate to run into is fanaticism aura-enchanted Moonlords or Vipers. And Conviction-packing Black Souls. Ouch.