Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow King Items

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SincereX13, Feb 22, 2004.

1. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Cow King Items

I know that this is my second thread of the night... but I hardly ever ever make threads so please be kind.

Anyway, I have never ever found a piece of the Cow King Gear myself (traded for the pieces in 1.09). But now that I am going for the self found grail in 1.10 I need to find these pieces myself (or in a multiplayer game I guess). So my question to you that have sucessfully found the Cow King pieces is where and how should I look for them?

Should I run Normal cows? Nightmare Cows? Players 8? or should I join multiplayer games where I can kill the king? I'm clueless folks so those w/ any knowledge please help. Thanks !!!

2. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

In 1.09, I recieved Cow king armor from a friend, then I found the Hat after a few cow runs, then the boots, I am very lucky I picked them up, I though they were going to be Sander's, but when I id'ed them, I was pleasantly surprised to know that I completed the set.

On to the point, I did hell cow runs, people say you would have a better chance doing normal, but in 1.09 I thought the expirience gained it better then just finding the items and not gained the exp. So I would say do hell cows, but in 1.10 they were nerfed to, I suggest normal.

3. tentpeg

tentpeg IncGamers Member

I'm not sure, but if all you want is the cow kings items, then I'd run Norm (assuming norm cow can drop the hat).

edit: -

Actually NM cows have a better chance to drop the hat, norm cows the other two items.

4. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

How does one go back to do a cow run more than once. I have heard that if you don't kill the cow king you can keep going back. But, if I go to Trystam and get another leg, then go back to the rogue encampment, can I go back again, or do I need to start a new game with a new character? Very confused on this point, how people continually go back to the cow level.

dok

5. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

Well I'd try normal or nightmare Cows due to the low TC's of the items your looking for (Armour 9, boots 9 & Cap 36).

If you still have that super-tweaked zealot Sincere I think you sjould have no problems in farming the items. I would expect a few runs though for even one of these to drop (having a 1/7 rarity of equivalent items).

Good Luck :)

Bolin

6. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

u just keep remaking the portal with tomb of tp and the leg.

7. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Thanks Bolin, and yes I do still have that SuperTweaked Zealot who will be doing the leg work unless I can kill normal Baal fairly soon w/ my new Hammerdin but even then he still won't have the killing speed of Marius, so I think I'll just be using him to get things done.

8. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

I just tried that again and it says "I can't use that yet". Arreat Summit says you can only go there once.... Do I need to make a BAAL run and kill him again or something first maybe? I went there once after I finished normal, and now I am in act V NM. What am I doing wrong that I can't go back into the cow leveland in normal? Do I need to try again in NM? Even though I haven't killed BAAL there yet?

I am so glad I found this forum to ask the pros!

dok

9. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

Did you beat the difficulty yet? Or you must have already killed the king. :(

10. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Yeah, I killed the cow king after I finished normal....knew nothing of this type of stuff until a few weeks ago when I found this forum.

Guess I have to wait until Ifinish NM, then make sure I don't kill him this time!

Thanks.

dok

11. pesot

pesot IncGamers Member

killing the king in normal is not a problem. i killed him with all my chars after i get a pat or mat...just for the sick pleasure :lol: . just be carefull in that lvl in NM and Hell. they can drop better items by then. although in 1.10 the drop and xp has been somewhat nerf.

12. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

The easiest way to get the boots and armor is to kill the Normal
    Cow King in MP games. The armor should drop fast. The boots
    probably within 30-35 runs. This is also a great way to find TC3
    items and Sander's Paragon in particular. Nightmare or Hell bovines
    are a good bet for the War Hat. In 1.09, I was fortunate enough
    to find the War Hat during a Hell cows game.