Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cow Cuestions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Muffassa, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Cow Cuestions

OK, Ive been playing for a while, and I know about the cow level, how to create it etc. What I don't know is how to create it multiple times in the same level of difficulty with the same character. It seems I can create it once, but if I try again after I clear it, the game won't let me.

Does it have something to do wiht the Cow King? If I kill everything but the king, can I open it again? What if I open it, and someone else kills the king? will I be able to open it again? what if someone else opens one and I kill the king? will I still be able to open one on my own? What if I am in a game and it is open, but I don't go in, and someone kills the king?

I guess I am looking for definitive, and what is the best way to "run" the cow level repetadly in Single Player (no one else in game) without loosing the ability to open the portal (I would love to find the cow leather set).

Thats about it for now :)

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yeah, if you kll the cowking, you won't be able to create it again in that difficulty. (which is very hard to do since they all look the same.)

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

for some builds its easy, use lightnign skills aroudn the cow kings palace area, sice he is always lightning immune he should stand out after a while. then just run away from him and go do somethign else. try not to psam meteors or high dmg area skills everywhere, as he will get caught up and if he doe theres no hope in SP. fishys are the first though, unless you identify him and track him constantly, he'll get hacked down. when the skeelies start turning on him you need to run away (into a already clared away woudl help...) as soon as possible cause your skellies arent that responsive.
    with way i can do a full clear easily and safely and still see where the king is.

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I usually play melee char so, sometimes I would clear the place, and don't even know where did I kill the cow king. Dam lazy blizzard, should'ver made it green/red/whatever.

5. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

Well the King is always hanging around the Fortresslike Pen, so if you get anywhere close to there just be careful. Upping the /players also works well because that way you can't 1 hit kill him by accident. In our regular 1.09 Cowing games we usually run at somewhere between players 8 and players 32 and we never have problems with accidentally killing him.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

6. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

As for MP'ing, anyone who has already killed the cow king can kill him again, and people who havn't killed the king won't get credit for killing him (would still be able to open the portal). But if someone kills the king for the first time, everbody gets credit for killing the king.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I havn't done any cow runs since 1.10 final was released.

Z_O

7. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

Yeah it's easy not to kill the king on p8 with a melee character. I did several runs in nightmare with my zealot (lvl 85) this way with only nord's tenderizer as non mf equipment (no leech at all) and a merc with shaft and the Reaper's Toll. With that set up I reach 500 mf and kill fast so I think the cow king's set can be dropped. Careful though, the merc seems to be attracted by the king.

8. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

also for us sp players there is always the usage of the cow mule :idea: