Coverting items from 1.09 to 1.10.

Snake

Diabloii.Net Member
Coverting items from 1.09 to 1.10.

I was told that I had to open the character that has the 1.09 item and then just save and quit. I just tried that, but ATMA stills shows that it is a 1.09 item.

Any tips?

Dave in the basement

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Snake!

Once you load a character up in LoD 1.10, the items will be converted (i.e. useable) to 1.10 status, but they will still say "expansion" in ATMA.

Does that help? If not, I do believe I misunderstood!

Dave

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
[edit] Ah, well done Dave, I realise what he meant now :teeth: Yes, the labelling of Expansion as opposed to 1.10 Expansion won't change. Which is good, because it helps us catch some hacked items. "Expansion" items can still be used in 1.10, but you will always know they came from 1.09.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
ATMA always shows the version in which that item has spawned in. The open character to convert trick moves that item to 1.10 character and makes it usable for other 1.10 characters, like Dave said.

Snake

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I will try that. But if I understand you guys correctly, it will not be possible to move that item to a ATMA stash, because a stash is bound to a version, right?

Another question. Wich one would be better in my Buriza?

Ghoul Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xea1b6b5b
+22% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage
Requirements -15%

or

Grim Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 9
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xa3af0a35
+17% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Minimum Damage
Requirements -15%

Is ED calculated after modefiers like bonus from dexterity?

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
you can throw it in stash after converting it to 1.10.

As for that bow question, not sure about those...

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I thhink it's before, if you put it inside the actual weapon. When you put it in, the ED for that particular weapon would raise by that much, and weapon damage is used as base to calculate the dex bonus (say it's 100% before, you put in a 20% ED jewel, it would become 120%), works same way as ohm rune basically.

Just from personal experience, not from the game code. :)