Court rules wiretaps can continue

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Conservative Inc said:
Not unless you say something that triggers ECHELON (a Pres. Clinton project).
Cute lie. ECHELON began in the early 60's. Spin on little top. Ignore reality.

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
The right to privacy has been derrived from a series of interpretations of several different amendments, and then joining thier meanings to imply the right to privace. Since nowhere in the Constitution does the word "privacy" even exist. I'm not saying that I disagree with these interpretations, just that they're only interpretations, nothing more.
But this thread has gone through all that already...so I'm not gonig to start again :thumbsup:
Thanks for the link though, I did enjoy reading through it.
Oh, then that an easy question to answer.

The constitution was created to spell out the rights given to the federal government. And it's clearly understood and accepted that the federal government has no power if it weren't spelled out in the constitution.
So the constitution is about what the government can not do. Not what people can do.

So yes, the exact words privacy is not mentioned. Doesn't mean that people do not have rights to it. It means that the federal government is prohibited from limiting privacy.

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
Well no, why would you care if the freedoms your Founding Fathers fought tooth and nail for get trampled underfoot? I mean, you only love your country, not what it stands for.
....says the expert on my beliefs and the beliefs of the Founding Fathers of a foreign country.

dondrei said:
Like what, flag burning?
If you don't know from my posts here, then I feel no need to fill you in.
At least I have the conviction to stand by my beliefs, unlike some around here who just blather on and on and on about every side of every topic without taking any side.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Talga Vasternich said:
....says the expert on my beliefs and the beliefs of the Founding Fathers of a foreign country.
You claim to be proud of your country and yet unconcerned when the principles upon which it was founded are threatened.

Talga Vasternich said:
If you don't know from my posts here, then I feel no need to fill you in.
At least I have the conviction to stand by my beliefs, unlike some around here who just blather on and on and on about every side of every topic without taking any side.
I strongly believe that most people are full of crap, does that count?

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
You claim to be proud of your country and yet unconcerned when the principles upon which it was founded are threatened.
The Founding Fathers believed in slavery, but I'm pretty happy that it's gone.
Women can vote now too.

Maybe all the principles that this country was founded on weren't all that they were cracked up to be and should be examined and modified as the world changes.
dondrei said:
I strongly believe that most people are full of crap, does that count?
Sure.
Whatever you say.