Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

couple ?'s bout making oath

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killer_sss, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

couple ?'s bout making oath

i got two questions the one im not sure should really go hear but ill kinda ask nehow since they are both related.

what is the most sought after item to make an oath in or good item to make oath in?

and second what does a perf/near perf oath go for on useast?

thanx for nehelp guys

2. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Coin flip

There's no information about Oath price on ladder trading. With the variety of items it can go into and only one rare rune used it's probably not highly sought after unless it is near perfect and someone doesn't have the time to trade for the runes/item. I have expressed a desire to make one out of an ettin axe, as it's one of the slowest single-handed elites, and would greatly benefit from the IAS. Then again this is for a Wolfbarb design, who needs all four weapons (Oath, Death, Beast, Crescent Moon) to be in axes, trying to even the weapon speed with a Death war spike and swinging Frenzy. If you're using it for another purpose then it depends on that and other gear you have.

3. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

i usually see oath in small cresent, zerker, balrog blades, and what was that sword cryptic maybe.

i made a oath in a small cresent that rolled perfect stats too bad it wasn't a superior, but i traded it for a 406% ebotdz on east.

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

One other note--put it in an etheral item. You cannot repair used charges, but the damage increase is worth it.

Also, it would help to know your build to determine which weapon to use.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Caduceus and Warspike are also good weapons for Oath. Those charges can be very handy for any summoning class, so keep this in mind before going with an Eth.

6. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Colossus sword is good for a barbarian (ethereal, of course). I've also made a scourge, which looks pretty sweet, but its damage range is huge (17-528) :surprise:

Is it possible to have a non-ethereal oath on weapon switch (to use the charges) and use an ethereal oath as your primary weapon and have the summoned minions survive when you switch away from the non-eth version?

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I would expect that to work, but if it doesn't just wearing a whisp projector will keep the HoW from disappearing even if you unequipped the Oath.

8. Ax2Grind

Nope

Switching weapons is no different than taking the weapons off and putting new ones on, i.e. you'd lose the minions. The reason Wisp Projector works is because it's always on during weapon switch, but you'll lose the minions through things like the trade screen as that re-equips all gear, not just weapons/shields.

You could, though, switch the shield/alternate weapon with the ethereal Oath, then switch the non-eth Oath with a shield/other alternate weapon. Although this doesn't work on a non-Barbarian.

9. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

ok i plan to use this for a druid but from what ive seen it doesnt matter what kind of weapon i make it in because it will be for summoning only. as for keeping it alive cause it will be on switch can i just put a point into it to keep it from dieing on me?

10. Ax2Grind

Good question

It's often been argued that prebuffing pets, in such a way as using Battle Command, skill shrines and +skill items, has a nice benefit but some of those benefits can be lost somehow when the effects wear off, even though the pets have already been cast. I believe the Druid forum has a thread about it, and that it says something to the effect of pet synergies are similar to the Prayer synergy of a Paladin: +skills buff Prayer and will increase replenishing in Cleansing and Meditation even though a synergy is supposed to be hardpoints only, but said buffing can also be lost once the +skills are exhausted (i.e. switching back to normal weapons/shield, losing the shrine or aura, etc).

With Wisp Projector, the charge-cast Heart of Wolverine remains and at its previously charged level, not reducing to the ring's. I would suspect the same for a hardpoint, but due to this issue it would be best if you consulted the Druid forum should no one else be able to answer the question here. A skill point isn't something to waste just testing something, especially when someone else may have already done so allowing you to learn from their experience.