Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

couple questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by vCH, Oct 8, 2006.

1. vCH

vCH IncGamers Member

couple questions

i'm not exactly new to diablo, but i am to all these technical things, that i dont understand
    can anyone explain to me what "breakpoints", or "speed breakpoints" are? like for weapons or something, dunno.

and one thing i never understood was "perming". perming a mule, im guessing that making thenew caracter permanent, and i guess when it refers to an item it's the same word, but what is a permanent weapon? is my weapon about to dissapear? wth?

thanks

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

breakpoints are time in frames used for attack/recovery speeds

mule perming is letting a mule sit in a game for 2hrs so the char wont expire for 90 days instead of 10

item perming is a myth, any duped item may dissapear at any time

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

To make it a little clearer, breakpoints are certain points which, when you reach them, makes your character attack faster, recover faster or such.

For instance, attackspeed breakpoints; If your char has items giving 20% more increased attackspeed, and the breakpoints are 0%, 30%, 60% etc, you will not have any difference in attackspeed from those 20%. You need to pass the breakpoints in order to actually "get" the increase in speed.

The attack speeds are calculated in frames, so your character attacks faster (takes less frames to attack) the higher breakpoints you meet.

not sure if I made it much clearer though, need to go to bed. ciao. :)

4. vCH

vCH IncGamers Member

k thx ya i get a bit more now. so if my druid has 70% FCR, i'll still see the differnce in speed from the 60% breakpoint, but the additional 10% wont do anything if i understand correctly.

and i heard something about perming items being related to duping, now im sure.

thanks for the answers.

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Correct, except that the druid human doesn't have a 60% FCR breakpoint, unless you're talking about the druid in werewolf form.

6. ulmty

ulmty Guest

i have a question on socketing and making runewords

i'm working on collecting the runes and armor need to make the runeword Chains of Honor. But i'm not sure how to know which runes go where in the 4 os armor.

Any help would be appreciated ....i dont want to waste my dol/um/ber/and ist

thanx

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Only the order matters. Dol then Um, then Ber, then finally Ist. If you're referring to where to hold the runes when you socket them, don't worry. The game automatically sticks it in a predetermined socket when you stick in the runes.

8. vCH

vCH IncGamers Member

k, well that was just an example, i guess ill have to look up his breakpoints.

thanks again.

9. ulmty

ulmty Guest

thanx guys