Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

couple questions on strafezon skill distribution!!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by cowtestickles, Apr 7, 2004.

1. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

couple questions on strafezon skill distribution!!

k is a valk nessecary for a pit runner strafezon?wut lvl cs should i get and wut lvl dodge/evade/avoid should i get for them i hear 1 point but i dunno wut u guys think?And how many points should i put into penitrate?like wuts a ideal ar for strafe in hell.

edit: also for stats how much vit is needed and how much vitality should i aim for? this is strickly for a pitrunner in 8 people games

2. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i have a lvl 87 pit runner strafezon
    she does well with maxed starf, the AR passive and i maxed emolition arrow and 1 snrgy for PIs, my act II might merc is the same lvl as me and can tank no prob
    the thing is i do 1 maybe 2-3 player games
    8 player games is going to be really time consuming kiling wise, IF you wear full mf gear
    i do about 3500 strafe dmg with my merc and i've had very good luck lately in the pits

with gear my stats are around
    200 dex
    250 vit
    150 str
    base eng

if you want a succesful 8 player strafezon, ur going to have to sacrifice some serious mf for killing spead

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

ok:
    lvl 17 valk min, but with pure strafer u have loads of spare skill points, so max her.
    lvl 1 d/a/e with + skills should be fine, as a guideline get all d/a/e to ~40-50%
    max penetrate - both for ar/%to hit, and as a vlak synergy - so a double winner
    health is up to you, i say 800 life minimum, so it depends on your gear/charms etc. you could probably play with ~700 but i prefer to be safe :D

EDIT

commando the reason u lack killing speed is because u have way too much vita and not enough dex, i know it's personal preference but surely with some good LL u dont need that much life?

my strafer has:
    base energy
    str for gear ~140
    120 vita
    380 dex

lvl 90

with sc's and might merc she does 1100-4300 and creams an 8 man pit run :D

4. cowtestickles

my i ask wut gear u wear shank?

5. cowtestickles

and my merc will be using a tollreaver or wut ever it is called that can kill pi's so i don't need anything but maxed strafe on bow tree.

edit: also if i want to do 8 people pit runs and want to do them fast wut gear/ mf should i get. i can't afford a coh jsut fyi. i do have good gear just not any runes.

6. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

well, i could put on much different gear and get my dmg way up, AND have good ll but i preffer to be able to take a few hits and wear lots of mf

u cant' tell me that wearing mf gear with your 800 life that you can take to many of those archers arrows in the pit, specially in an 8 pple games
    and yes, i know that you can kill most thing before you even see them, but every so offten there ar those speedy might or fantasm archers that will tear you a new one

plus your might mercs aura will give you quite a bit more dmg than min being a higher lvl

you get 800 more dmg from 180 more dex and thats not counting your higher merc aura

i guess it all depends on what its worth to you, little more dmg, or little more life

and as far as emoliton arrow, i'd not wast my time if i was going to remake, and max some other passives, although not valk, seems a waste, but thats personal preference again

and i'm also interesed in your gear shank
    if its that much better, i might have to remake more like your set up

7. Shanksie1337

ok folks, this is on EU ladder softcore

8%WF "shael" (tho a 7% gives more than enough ML to solve all your needs - not tried a 6%).
    Shako "pt"
    Skullders "pt"
    39% upg Chancies - have LoH in stash to get 90 IAS but find that i never need it.
    Goldwrap upg
    Cat's Eye - was using mara's but +skills are useless on a strafer, and for pit running u can get away with VERY low res's.
    46% WT's
    20/24x Raven
    8LL +10 dex plus bla bla rare ring

Plus
    ~6 100pdsc's / 39 Gheeds / 13/10/10 anni and about 100 in life sc's
    total mf ~350 with a 2*4 space in inventory plus Cube

Merc:
    Same lvl = 90 with Leviathan / Reapers Toll "AMN" / Tal's Mask

As for taking archers arrows, aslong as i am firing i am leeching both Life and Mana so only Multi Shot unique "boss" archers actually lower my health, but 95% of the time my Vallk/Merc do all the getting hit. And i am too lazy to wait and kill all the monsters off the screen so i tend to be RIGHT behind the valk/merc as they tank.

I also only use decoy at the very start of the 2nd level of the pit.
    IAS - i did kill very fast with just 30 IAS - 20 from ED jewel WF and 10 from Goldwrap, but since i realised my maras was wasted and changed to Cat's Eye i Hel'd out the ED jewel and put a Shael in the WF so i usually have 70 IAS - breaks the 56 bp iirc - and sometimes i put the LoH on to break the 89 IAS bp - but this is more for "fun" than actually needed.

Maxed Valk

8. cowtestickles

well i can get my hands on all the but mabye not the charms/cats eye i have a highlords though but doesn't ur resits take a realy big hit?

9. cowtestickles

k so far i got my valk to lvl 17 with items probly just leave her there, is penetrate realy nessecary to max for a strafezon?

10. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Mine just hit lvl 77 and is working through act 3. I've got a little more of "poor mans gear"
    Eaglehorn as main w/ Hellrack on switch for the PIs
    Tals mask
    angelic wings and halo
    another crappy ring (was a ML before I got tals)
    Toothrow
    Sigs Glove/Belt/Boot

strafe maxed
    valk maxed
    decoy maxed
    1 in flame and cold arrow
    rest split between D/A/E CS and Pierce

139 STR (160 something with gear)
    65 VIT
    rest in dex

Merc is using
    Tals mask
    Levethian
    Bonehew

I'm still trying to decide what to socket in everything

She got good killing speed except for PIs which are a little slow (not too bad though) pit runs are pretty smooth.

I've never seen a difference in item drops big enough to make high players settings worth while. I was also under the impression drop bonuses were maxed out at players 5

11. cowtestickles

y would u max decoy if u can recat ur valk as much as u want?

12. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Decoy is a great distractor in addition to life boost for valk. I toss the decoy out well infront of the group to mass enemies for my strafe. I never have to recast valk due to the life boost so there isn't much chance of her getting mobbed by a particularly nasty boss group and getting fried leaving me to run for cover as they swarm my might merc. also, since the merc can't walk through decoy it gives me a little more control over him at times.

I also just didn't have anything else I needed to invest in.

13. cowtestickles

wut about penatrate isn't ar vital for a stafezon?

14. Shanksie1337

A strafer does NOT need good resists in Hell pits - my zon has -6x res all, -60 something res all causes no problems for 2 reasons:
    1. iirc all the attacks in the pits are physical - either melee or arrow based - i might be wrong but i think pretty much all the damage u may take in the pits is physical.
    2. Regardless of whether 1 is true or false your Merc / Valk / Decoy should be taking all the hits anyway.

As to penetrate - more penetrate = more AR = more chance to hit = faster killing speed. And as a bonus penetrate is a synergy for your valk so a double benefit. Plus iirc both your merc and your valk benefit from all your passives.
    Lastly as a pure strafer with - maxed strafe / maxed valk / high peirce / high critical strike / 1 in D+A+E - you will have LOTS of spare stat points to spend and penetrate is one excellent place to spend them.