Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple Questions about my barbs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by FatGuy-LittleCoat, May 26, 2005.

1. FatGuy-LittleCoat

FatGuy-LittleCoat IncGamers Member

Couple Questions about my barbs

My first question is about my Concetrate Barb. I want to start mf'ing a little with him, and i need to know what kind of gear i should use, and still keep the survival rate high.

Right now he level 85.
    His current gear:
    168% ed death cleaver w/40% ed jewel
    stormsheild w/pdiamond
    Arreats face
    highlords wrath
    draculs grasp
    gore riders
    raven frost
    dwarf star(need to replace, but havent found anything yet)
    Duriels Shell

so my question is what kind of gear changes should i make to improve my mfing.( Right now he does hell andy,meph,pits,trav,eldritch,pindle, all without much trouble)

My other question is about my new barb that im trying. Its a zeal barb, which will be using a passion shillelagh. What other gear would be good for this type of build? And also, i'm gonna have some extra skill points left over, about 20. So i'm wondering where i should put them.

Currently he's level 73 with the following skills:

20-Battle Orders
    20-Shout
    20-Mace Mastery
    5-warcry
    1- increased stamina/run walk,battle command,stone skin,natural resist,howl,taunt,battlecry,leap.
    total skill points used:74
    skill points remaining(assuming level 85):22

so what do you think i should use these points on?

any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

For your concentrate barb :
    Try to get a nice ar/dual leech ring and since u have cannot be frozen from ravens perhaps a upped skullders or tal's armor could add more mf and not affect your killing speed? I am unsure how a p-topaz shako would work out instead of arreats - you could tell if the killing speed gets slowed down i guess :D

For your Zeal barb :
    Hmm i would have gone with a passion scourge and a sheild but guess with passion shillelagh then investing into warcry is the way to go. Perhaps max it out for longer stun duration (not the dmg) for safety reasons? Balance points could go into nat res, iron skin, etc :D

Hope i helped

3. FatGuy-LittleCoat

thanks for the reply. For the conc barb, i've got an ethereal skullders that he was using, but i let my freind borrow it during the period that i was playing my barb. How benificial would upping that be? i heard that there was some kind of bug involved in upping ethereal items? can someone clarify this for me?

And as for the zeal barb, i probly will end up changing the weapon, since i havent had any luck finding a shillelagh. Of course this would mean that i would have to find another 4 socket scourge(currently looking for 2 eth ones to make a couple oaths for my frenzy barb till i can get a couple eth stormalshes). I guess it'll depend on which i find first.

thanks for the input

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

DO NOT up that skulder's. Upping ethereal, exceptional armors to elite causes them to lose their ethereal defense bonus, while still holding the "no repair" penalty for being eth.

-Hal

5. FatGuy-LittleCoat

ok, thanks for clarifying that hal