Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple of Questions..

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jugz, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Jugz

Jugz IncGamers Member

Couple of Questions..

If a monster is immune to lightning, and you have your merc hit that monster with an infinity, and it reduces the mobs lightning resistance, will he no longer be immune?

Also, besides Baal, and meph... what are the best mf spots? Just for finding good uniques and sets, or maybe even good runes?

Does pindle still drop good loot?

I played this game a long time ago and i recently came back

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Re: Couple of Questions..

The -resistance stat on Infinity, facets, and some other items only applies to that character/minion's attacks. The monster doesn't get -resistance stuck on it; it's just that any attacks against that monster from the character/minion with -res are treated as if they had the lowered value.

Also, -res from items and Cold Mastery will NOT break immunities. Only Amplify Damage (phys), Decrepify (phys), Lower Resist (fire/cold/light/pois), and Conviction (fire/cold/light) can break immunities, and only work at 1/5 power against them. After an immunity is broken, only then will -res from equipment apply (at full power).

For MF, you're pretty much stuck with the bosses. Though if you're not specifically looking for set/unique items, you can try running lvl 85 areas such as the Pits, where high-end socketables can drop. For runes, you can get decent ones from the Countess. Don't try to find High Runes (Vex and up), though; They're far too rare to realistically find on your own.

3. Jugz

Jugz IncGamers Member

KK ty.

So theres no way for a sorceress to kill diablo clone on her own then?
    Also, I read up on what the keys do and the organs and what not. Do the bosses in the portals made by keys have any immunities or high resists? Same with Uber Baal/Meph/Uber Diablo from the organ transmute

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You seem to have many invalid preconceptions.

First, diabloclone is not immune to any element.

Second, the conviction aura on infinity will lower the resists for all monsters within range no matter who is attacking them. If the monster is immune to the element, then conviction will work at 1/5 effectiveness against that element. The -enemy lightning rest on infinity will only work for who is carrying the infinity, and that property will not work on immunes.

Ubers stats.

5. Jugz

Jugz IncGamers Member

Oh ok, I think I understand now.
    Level 12 Conviction aura from infinity will lower the (for example) lightning resistance of a monster who his immune to lightning by 17 (1/5th of 85, which is a level 12 conviction aura). Do i got it now?

And about uber trist/dclone...
    So sorceresses can do uber trist and diablo clone then.

I think im a bit confused on how much resist = immune?
    Is it 95, or is it higher? I had read Dclones stats somewhere, and it said 95 to all elements, and they added that sorceresses cannot kill him because of that, so i assumed that meant he's immune.

6. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Yep, that's how Conviction works vs immunes.

Immunity is 100+ resistance. It's possible for a sorceress to kill Diablo Clone, just very impractical. As for Uber Tristram, that is best left to the melee guys; There are pit lords immune to everything except physical there, and melee characters can benefit from Life Tap and Crushing Blow.