Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

couple of questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Beancloud, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Beancloud

Beancloud IncGamers Member

couple of questions

Howdy guys! I was just wondering if you guys new a good crafting guide? Like a really excelent one...and can you give me a link please. Also is MF in cows worth it?

2. Beancloud

Beancloud IncGamers Member

Also what is the point of ladder? What is the incentive and after ladder your chars get moved down....do they ever move up? And ladder items are just deleted?

3. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

the point of ladder is that you have access to the items that are ladder only. One example I believe is the new spirit shield. and another is fort.

When a 3rd ladder starts then all ladder chars and they stuff gets tranfered to non ladder by blizzard. and they keep all the stuff they have. So they will be able to trade ladder only items with those who were in non ladder before. BUT they wont be able to then do any more of those ladder items since they'll then be non ladder.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Depends. I hop around everywhere for a change of scenery, so yes --- cows is "worth it", just like about every other place except Arreat Summit.

Cows have their pros and cons --- the monster density is pretty good, but my feeling is that the boss density doesn't quite keep up. But then again, there is the king, and the red portal usually spawns nearby --- the king is usually surrounded by a few boss packs, so if you are in a hurry you could just go for the king and his friends to get a decent number of colored drops.

Ladder is just easier than non-ladder: there are some ladder-only items, runewords, and cube-recipes --- in particular, ANY rune can be upgraded.

When the ladder is destroyed, characters keep their stuff --- so you could use the char just as it was, or you can start a new ladder one. When the 2nd ladder started I chose the "start new" path, so all the old stuff is probably expired by now.

"Ladder-only" seems to be commonly misunderstood: these items simply cannot be found/created in non-ladder, but when the ladder chars are transfered they are already there, so there is no problem.

5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

A note on "Ladder-Only" items: All those items will be able to spawn in single player except the Annihilus as only the Diablo Clone can drop it and he will only spawn on the realms. The Ladder-Only and Realm-Only runewords are also not available in single player. The cube recipes for upgrading runes will work in single player however I am unsure of the unique item upgrade to elite recipes.

Uzziah's guide to altering items ingame is excellent. You can find it here: http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=258325.