Couple Noobish Questions

RAL2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Couple Noobish Questions

Sufficient to get me flayed as a noob whether I actually am one or not.

1) Does crushing blow as in goblin toe work on my ranged attacks as a bowazon?

2) I have someone that is trying to contact me on Battlenet. My screen suddenly gets colored words saying "Hi username". (I don't mean a spammer). I can't figure out how to reply to him. This is somebody I did some quests with, and I'd like to do some more but I can't figure out how to talk to him.

I try using /? for help, and get a message saying use /help topic. But no matter what I put in, it doesn't give me a real help screen with all the commands.

I feel like I just took a Godly Potion of Real Stupid asking this, but how do I respond, and where is the web page with a list of commands for talking when you are not in the chat room -- i.e. you are in your own private game and someone calls you out on screen?

TIA

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
RAL2000 said:
Sufficient to get me flayed as a noob whether I actually am one or not.

1) Does crushing blow as in goblin toe work on my ranged attacks as a bowazon?

2) I have someone that is trying to contact me on Battlenet. My screen suddenly gets colored words saying "Hi username". (I don't mean a spammer). I can't figure out how to reply to him. This is somebody I did some quests with, and I'd like to do some more but I can't figure out how to talk to him.

I try using /? for help, and get a message saying use /help topic. But no matter what I put in, it doesn't give me a real help screen with all the commands.

I feel like I just took a Godly Potion of Real Stupid asking this, but how do I respond, and where is the web page with a list of commands for talking when you are not in the chat room -- i.e. you are in your own private game and someone calls you out on screen?

TIA
1) yes I believe it does but i'm not sure, so w8 untill a "pro" answers this question :D

2) You have to add his accountname to your friendslist
you type "/f add accountname" now he is in your friendslist
by typing "/F m "what you want to say" " you can contact him
By typing "/f list" you can see who is online and doing what

Hope this helps

Bert

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Yes it does work, but while Crushing Blow lowers normal monsters life by 1/4 when using a melee attack, a ranged attack only lowers it 1/8. Against bosses it's = Melee - 1/8, Ranged - 1/16.

Bert said:
2) You have to add his accountname to your friendslist
you type "/f add accountname" now he is in your friendslist
by typing "/F m "what you want to say" " you can contact him
By typing "/f list" you can see who is online and doing what
2) There is no need to add him/her to your friends list in order to write privately. You can just whisper to him, using either the name of his character or his account name, though the other is a bit easier. However, by using the above method you speak to all your friends instead of one.

You do it like this - /w CowVsPig_Love Get off my lawn!!!!!!111one1!!butseck

(whisper command - acc/char name - message)

RAL2000

Diabloii.Net Member
(whisper command - acc/char name - message)[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks to you both.

/w => whisper
/f => friends list

is there a reference somewhere with all these commands. I'll be back check later -- off to work. Thanks

drinkturps

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been playing for years and I've never got to grips with this. Is there a definitive list that provides all the extensions for your buddies list?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Evil Monkey said:
You do it like this - /w CowVsPig_Love Get off my lawn!!!!!!111one1!!butseck
To reply to the latest whispered message, it's enough to write this:

/r Get off my lawn!!!!!!111one1!!butseck

For some stupid reason, that doesn't work while you are in a game, however.

Twoflower

Banned
hmm noone mentioned the * befor the acount name, which is very important :)

so, here it goes

/w *accountname message
/w charactername message

in the chat area, you can

/r message

and it replies to the last person taht whispered you

about the friend list :

/f a acount name will Add the person to you r friend list
/f r acountname will Remove the person from your friend list
/f l will List all your friends and theyr status at this moment ( online/offline/in what game they are )
/f m will Message to YOUR ENTIRE FRIEND LIST, be sure you only use this if one of the persons on your friend list is online, otherwise all others on your friend list get spammed whit messages that are not for them. ( i realy hate this, it s a reason for me to ask the person to remove me from his friend list )

hope that s it

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:
hmm noone mentioned the * befor the acount name, which is very important :)

so, here it goes

/w *accountname message
Are you positive that * is necessary? I'm pretty sure I've done it numeroes times without, when I used the Acc.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Monkey said:
Are you positive that * is necessary? I'm pretty sure I've done it numeroes times without, when I used the Acc.
The * is necessary if you are whispering an account. If not you will get the msg "that user is not logged on" because it is looking for a user of that name, not an account.

if you are in channels (not ingame--for some irritating reason it doesn't work,)" /r this is what i want to say" will reply to the last person who whispered you.

RAL2000

Diabloii.Net Member
While I appreciate all this, I still wonder if there is not a web page somewhere that goes through all the commands and options. And their implications.

I sure have looked and not been able to find one.