Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple more Blizzballer Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by scwormy, Nov 6, 2006.

1. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Couple more Blizzballer Questions

Currently my blizzballer is at level 80 (Act 1 hell, running on P8).
    RRM, RWM

My questions:
    1. Is 105% FCR suggested, or is this overkill seeing as how only the Fireball, Glacial Spike and teleport are the fast cast spells?
    2. I'm using a barb for a merc - (bad idea seeing as how almost all people are using an Act 2 merc for this build)? I usually stick to Act 2 mercs, but decided the aura's aren't really all that beneficial for this type of sorc.
    3. For my merc I'm using a doombringer, is a BK sword better due to the CB? Currently, I figured doombringer for questing, BK for boss running.

Stats:
    Strength - 166 (forgot about the 10 from Mara's)
    Vit - all the rest.
    Dex and Energy - base

Gear:
    Shako (P Topaz)
    Chance guards
    Skin of the Vipermagi
    Mara's
    Deaths Fathom
    Spirit (35 FCR)
    War Trav's
    BK ring
    15% resist all ring
    Arach Belt
    CtA & Spirit on switch

2 cold skillers
    rest resist, life and MF charms.

Life 1600ish
    Resists (before Act 5 quest), Lightning 75, Fire 63, Cold / Poison 30ish.
    105% FCR

Merc:
    Doombringer (maybe BK Sword)
    Shaft
    Stealskull

Any other suggestions for improvement?
    (don't say infinity, not even close to the runes for it...highest left is a gul after making CtA).

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

The 63% bp is plenty.

I'd go with an act two merc and give him some CB (jab + CB = death).

See above post.

Mara's adds 5.

Gear:
    I'd lose the rings and throw on SoJ's (I really dislike BKWB's). I'd also lose the Vipermagi for a Skulder's or Tal's (prolly tals for more res). You've got 75% FCR, and that's plenty.

crg

3. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

Thanks crg - nothing like getting advice from the expert.

If Mara's is only 5, it must have been the war trav's. Anyway, doesn't matter. I think I'd originally planned on Alder's boots for the FR, but made it up in small charms instead for the additional MF.

No Skulders or SOJ's. I do have a couple tals though.

Guess I could break out the Obedience and go with an Act 2 Merc.

4. Crazy Runner Guy

I'd go with a Nagelring then. More MF can't hurt (can you tell I dislike BKWBs?).

crg

5. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

crg - why do you dislike BKWB's? I'm curious ...

Myself, personally, i'll use both an SoJ and a BKWB for many characters as I don't have a CtA so every bit of life counts. (I really should get around to making one). My clvl 93 Tal's Sorc gets another 46 to life per char level and that's 2 spaces and then some that I can use for more life or resists etc.

I find that having 2 SoJ's is a bit of overkill for casters unless you really spam 'em out. 1 is usually enough I find for my mana needs.

6. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

If you are lucky to have a Fortitude armor for your merc it increases his damage by a huge margin.

A nice ethereal Obedience weapon with a might merc and a Forti armor - you're looking at 2.5k to probably over 8k damage with aura on ... and that does not include the crushing blow from the Obedience and any other sources like helm. If you wear a Guillame's face then you also have 35% more crushing blow plus 15% critical strike.

Get some leech happening and your merc should be able to tank almost anything excepting being cursed with iron maiden.

I'm currently using a might merc with an upgraded Ethereal Hone Sundan Ghost Spear, Guillame's and Fortitude and he does 2.5k to 7k with aura for my Tal's Sorc. The HS Ghost Spear tops out at ~ 680 damage. If you have a nice ethereal Obedience it should top out at ~ 1k or so ...

7. scwormy

scwormy IncGamers Member

No fort, and if I do find a Lo, I'd most likely make Grief first..have to wait to see if I actually find one though.

8. Crazy Runner Guy

Because the +life does not scale with BO, whereas the life granted by a ravenfrost does (60 life on the characters that would use it i.e. pally/zon/druid/assy). You'd never use on a barb (see previous point), and also of the characters not listed, SoJ is more useful because it grants mana (necro/sorc). End result? BKWB sucks. Raven or SoJ is always better.

crg