Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple Item Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by trihero, Sep 23, 2006.

1. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Couple Item Questions

I apologize since I'm being lazy here, couple questions came to my mind:

1. Does the Andariel quest drop bug still exist in single player? I read somewhere that she always drops quest drops in 1.10 in SP after you talk to someone after killing her, is this still true? Does this pretty much always apply, like if I backtrack to nightmare andariel after messing around in hell mode will she still drop like that?

2. Does the /players 8 command help determine drops at time of death, or on spawning? I was just wondering since you could do something lame like spawn all the monsters at p1 health then go to p8 for mass drops? Does it work this way?

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

1. The Andy bug still exists, you just need to talk to Wariv in the same game where you first kill her. Once activated, it stays activated even if you change difficulties.

2. Recent testing showed that it only works in the unfavorable direction. In other words, if you spawn them at /p1 and up the player setting, you get a /p1 drop. If you spawn them at /p8 and change it to /p1 for the kill, you get a /p1 drop. So, no cheese to be abused there.

3. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Wow cool thanks for the answers.

So when using atma, I guess we are always using the Andariel (first kill) field with the bug activated.

At p3 with 600% mf and quest drops, nightmare Andariel drops soj like 1/950 or so. Not bad at all! I might bactrack to Andy after I glut myself on pindle runs.

4. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

1. Someone studied this to a rather large extent, I think the bug got enabled by taking the TP you get from the quest, rather than leaving her with your own TP.

5. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

1. No. I believe noone even thought of the TP variable, however, nearly everyone takes their own portal as hers takes too long to open.
    It was shown by that study that you only need to talk to Warriv in the same game which you kill Andy for her quest drop (as Hrus said.)

6. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

1. Hrus clarified the Andy bug. Talk to Warriv. Simple as that. The bug for that difficulty from then onwards will always be enabled, no matter what you do.

2. I take it that you didn't read the link in this link.

7. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Sorry I didn't read that thread the whole way through, Frostburn, was too lazy. I just read the first post where you seemed to conclude that killing at p8 does affect the drops, but it's not until page 2 or 3 that you conclude that it doesn't.