Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple Hunter questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Zargo1z, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Zargo1z

Zargo1z IncGamers Member

Couple Hunter questions

Hey guys, I'm very interresting in starting a hunter but I just had a couple Q's

1. What's a good STR amount to shoot for. Like what are the best bows out there have for required str?

2. for vitality and dex, is it good to even them out like 200/200 for SP PvM hunter or should I focus on vit more then dex because I'm gonna be solo?

3. There's only one hunter guide that I've seen and I was also wondering if this guide is set ok to use for 1.10 as it seems mainly used for 1.09

anyother suggestions or comments are very welcome, i could use some getting started with em tips hehe

Thanks much,
    Zargo

2. Dreamsmith

Dreamsmith IncGamers Member

I believe the highest strength requirement for any bow (excluding crossbows) is 134. That's enough to equip a Windforce. OTOH, if you're not planning on using Windy, that's probably way more STR than you'll want to spend. The question is, what is your endgame bow? You need to decide that first, and armor while you're at it...

I'd say the reverse. You're not going to be hit much, ideally not at all but we all make mistakes from time to time. In any case, you're not melee, you don't need much VIT. DEX on the other hand both increases how often you hit and, more importantly (since there are other AR boosters in the game), the amount of damage you do. You should sink as much into it as you possibly can.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah, I'd lean towards more Dex over more Vit. Unless you use Kuko, which is auto hit and gets more damage from elemental because of the splash damage effect thingy.

You don't need too much Str. Maybe 90-100 on average, and items can help a bit.

FenrisWulf's guide still applies almost perfectly. The Summoning Tree received virtually zero changes in the patch, so the only different thing is the items available.

4. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I prefer dex over vit since I use Oak at lvl 98 I have well over 300 dex.

6. Zargo1z

Zargo1z IncGamers Member

hmm well, the guide i'm reading suggests that you use Kuko Skakaku and I have to say the explosive arrows does sound like a good idea.

edit: and oh is the Kuko Skakaku difficult to find? I don't have one yet and was wondering where one would possibly drop?

also sense I'm going with Kuko does that mean I don't require to have as much dex and can pump up vit more or should i still stick to pumping up dex for more damage? I'm guessing I'll still pump dex cause of added damage

7. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Like I have said many times before kuko rocks especially when up against mobs. I still use mine in that situation and use a silence crusador in other situations.

8. Joshua

Joshua IncGamers Member

zargo1z,

If you are on west..non-ladder i can hook you up with a kuko...

I'm usually on as *quickfoot3 just send me a pm.