Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Countess Runs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Milb, May 17, 2005.

1. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Countess Runs

Hi, I've being doing Countess runs on hell with my Ice sorc. I've been letting my merc kill her and she seems to be only dropping runes ort and less. Is there a bug which makes her drops lower runes when the merc kills her or have I just been (very) unlucky 20-30 times?

Thanks for your answers in advance,
    Milb

2. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I guess you've been unlucky, as far as I know the countess rune drop is somewhat random and magic find has no effect. Don't expect to see Ist and above from the countess since the probabilities are really low.

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I know the chances are low but I have been getting drops of 2 el, eth+eld etc which when it has happened 20+ times on the run seems to me like a problem. I think I'll try a few more later but I just have a feeling this is more than a string of bad luck.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

AFAIK you can expect 1 SHAEL in 30 runs, most of the Countess' drops will be the same as you described. It's all based on luck, make 1000 runs and you will get some mid-level runes.

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

you have not been unlucky, but you have not had any real luck either. patience pays for itself sooner or later... ;)

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I got two Lem in one drop when I was trying to get her to drop something else, but that's the way it usually works. I would advise trying your luck in Hell cows for socketables and save the countess for building up crafting runes and getting lower runes you need for rune words. You'll find something worth Ist+ a lot sooner than you'll get an Ist out of countess. If you really want to get guaranteed decent rune drops, find a buddy or a second computer to do hell forge runs with. I've done all three and am liking cows the best so far.

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Agree with u too! ;)

/Dec

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Thanks for your input everyone.
    This is the first time I've done countess runs with using the merc to finish her off and I think I must just be having an unlucky day! :(
    Oh well, I'll see what happens if I try again.
    Thanks again