Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Countess running

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Countess running

I was just wandering, does the /players x command effect the countess's drops?
    In other words, if I am looking for runes, do I get more if I play on 3player mode of example?

2. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

in theory that should work, but then again i'm not as learned as others. if you can kill the countess effeciently on a higher players setting why not go for it?

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Players x effects the nodrop calculation on the countess. From what I have read on several of the other forums (sorry I dont remember the thread or I would link it) The countess runs 5 item drops and 3 rune drops. with the nodrop deminising due to higher player setting the rune drops can also deminish. For example 4 out of 5 item drops occur then only one of the rune drops can occur since only 5 items can drop from any given enemy (it may be 6 I dont remember off hand) but if the nodrop on the items is rolled then all 3 rune drops could roll and give you runes. Percentage wise if you are hunting runes its best to do the countess at either players 2 or 3. Otherwise you will get almost all items and one or no runes.

It is possible to have an item drop be a rune but its chance is very slim. The Countess can drop up to a Zod rune but that is only on her item drops and she stands the same chance as say a hell fallen of dropping it.

4. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Players 1 is recommended for Countess running. At higher players, you'll get items instead of nothing or runes.

5. Sssith

Sssith IncGamers Member

I won't go into all the ugly details but if you are after runes then kill her on players 1. Higher players setting increases the chance of her dropping items which messes with her chance to drop runes.

6. John Folgerty

John Folgerty IncGamers Member

woohoo! i suck at this game!

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

...And the best rune hell Countess can drop is Lo

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I did not read zod
    Countess:
    - Normal: El - Ral
    - Nightmare: El - Io/Ko (Above Io is much rarer)
    - Hell: El - Ist/Lo (Above Ist is much rarer)

but I can say you can drop el in hell, very pleasant :surprise:

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

ive gotten el from countess in nm before, and a few nefs in hell :lol:
    but ive also gotten a selection of hgih lvl runes from her.

10. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

She is nice. To bad that she is cold and fire immune, because I am running with my MeteorOrb. Teleport is very immportent tho.
    Just got a Shael en Lem within 5 minutes of running :thumbsup:

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The part about above ist is much rarer refers to the fact that any rune can drop but it must occur on her item drop and then follows the percentage for her to get that rune on the item drop.

12. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Did anybody got(cubed up)a enigma armor, just from countess running? If yes, how long did it take?

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well you need 128 Ists to cube Jah, which is one step higher that Ber... :uhhuh:

I guess it is quite hopeless task

14. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Just found out that you need 128 (Jah) + 64 (Ber) = 192 Ists to make an Enigma. That is realy a lot. Guess I will use those Ists for putting in items for MF then.

15. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

If you are lucky you can cube a zod after a few weeks of running nothing but countess (H) runs 24/7. But you would have to be lucky in getting runes in the Item drop. Vex has a 57xx to 1 chance of dropping from the countess. Lo is far less. I take back about being able to get a zod from her Lo appears to be as high a rune as you can get from her.

Being r28 33-28=5 so 2^4 Lo's are needed to form a zod thats 16 Lo's and the gems to do it.

16. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

go for it man! let me know how possible you think it is after running the countess for a few weeks. i'm guessing you wont be quite so optimistic. :D

17. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The Countess has about a 1/14340 chance per-kill of dropping a Lo.
    By comparison, if you cube up all runes she can drop from her rune drop (up to Ist) you will get a Lo around every 8000 kills (slightly better).

You need 16 Los to make a Zod, and 12 to make Enigma.

I make that about 80,000 runs to Zod (60,000 to Enigma). To give you an idea, Matt probably hasn't run Pindle that many times - a much faster run - and he collected the entire 1.09 grail from him.

You can be "lucky", and get a single 1/80,000 item without running 80,000 times. But there is aboslutely no way you can be "lucky" and get 200-odd 1/400 items in much less than 80,000 runs. Well, unless you seed the PRNG.

Anyone pretending Zod or even Enigma is practically possible from Countess runs is either unaware, or in denial, of statistics.

18. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Question: Is it wise to take all your MF gear off, when you run the countess?

19. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I don't see why you would. +MF% doesn't affect no-drop possibilities, nor does it affect rune drops. All having high MF gear will do is add to the possibility that the items she does drop will be magical/rare/set/unique.