Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Countess-running sorc gear?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by scottee, Jun 24, 2010.

1. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Countess-running sorc gear?

Hey all, I could use some expert advice.

I've got a sorc who will be getting done with hell Baal in the next week or so, and then switching over to some steady Countess-running duties. I'm currently trying to decide between using Crescent Moon or going for a 200 FCR setup. In both cases, she'd be going the CL/FO route.

Relevant info:

Max FO, 1 pt CM
    Max CL, CB, LM, 10 in Lightning

With the Crescent Moon setup, the sorc would have -59% ELR, 120+ FCR, and 9 +skills (10 after getting the runes together for a CtA) and 1 lite skiller

With the 200 FCR setup, she'd have -24% ELR, 200 FCR, and 8 +skills (again, add another after CtA enters the picture) with 1 lite skiller.

The question is: Which setup will lead to faster run times? Will the additional -ELR make the countess kills fast enough to make up for the slower teleing? Keep in mind that I'll be running on P1 and I probably don't have the patience to hunt up a truly excellent Countess map, meaning I'll probably end up with ~5-10 TPs to the tower and hopefully no more than 10-20 TPs per level.

Anyone who has tried both setups, please give me the benefit of your experience!

2. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

Re: Countess-running sorc gear?

I really, really, really, really, really, really (insert several more "really"s here) liked 200 FCR for my Countess runner. I don't see it being worthwhile to give up the extra FCR for the eLR, but the best thing to do is just test both and see which one you like.

Personally, I used a pure light sorc and just used lightning on the countess and only worried with the other baddies if I had to (her minions usually line up into the lightning anyway) while picking things up. Not sure if your Lightning will be a fast enough killer in some of the more crowded rooms, but then you have FO for that.

3. Mostly_Harmless

Mostly_Harmless IncGamers Member

Mmm, 200 fcr is probably the way to go. I used charged bolt/firewall for a long time, and the countess melts so fast that -res was useless. Remember, you'll be running her at /p1, so she's not exactly a tank.

4. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Just try out both and see which you like better. My bet's also on the 200 FCR setup though.

5. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

I ran with a charged bolt sorceress. The Countess dropped very quickly; the run times were all in the teleporting.

6. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Countess running is more about finding a good map than tweeking a build.... if you're looking to optimize speed.

7. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

I agree with the points of the above two posters. Your gear won't matter an awfully lot, but how fast you can get to her will.

8. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

my countess runner's a cb as well. and the map is quite negligible when you have 200fcr imo. i spent thru 3-4 maps, due to my negligence, and run times aren't that far off from one another.

as for killspeed, any tweaked out lightning sorc would probably 1 or 2 shot-kill the countess at p1.

9. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I'm not saying you need a perfect map... but the config of your map has far more to do with run time than what gear you have on. The map is hardly negligible... if that's how you spell that.