Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

countess notes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Superhal, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

countess notes

as my regular readers already know, i've been bad-mouthing the countess a lot recently. however, yesterday, after i had stripped my countess runner and finally had enough extra eq to rebuild her, i did a bunch of runs and here are some notes:

1. 0 MF increases rune drops. This info came out in beta, but i didn't really try it in .10, because, well, shako rocks...and i didn't think 74% mf would make that much of a difference. But, i rebuilt my sorc with nightwing's instead, and the rune drops increased dramatically:

nm countess: 1.8-1.9 runes per kill.
    hell countess, +any mf: 1.5 runes per kill
    hell countess, 0 mf: 2.3-2.5 runes per kill.

2. Higher average rune drops:
    with the shako, i was getting maybe 1 rune better than thul maybe every 10-20 drops. yesterday, i was getting 'better than thul' every third to fifth drop.

2X Shael
    1X amn
    1X io
    2X hel
    1X fal
    3X ral (craft...must craft...)

total maybe 50 runs, about 120 runes total (couldn't keep an accurate count as I kept cubing lower runes into higher runes.)

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Pure luck, MF does not affect rune drops in any way. Period.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ah i got mixed up. i went back to the old discussion at lurkerlounge, and it was player setting, not mf.

4. ~FaMe~

~FaMe~ IncGamers Member

It effects in that way, that if you have mf, more magical items will drop instead of nonmagical, eg. runes. So If you want to find runes, don't wear mf gear.

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

It´s not really true. Countess dropps rolls from rune drop and from item drop. The great majority of her rune drops are just... rune drops. It happens though that she drops runes from her "item account" - its the only possibility to get a rune higher than Ist. MF effects ITEM QUALITY - not kind of item and not quality of runes. So... it does not matter if and how much mf you have.

I will soon send my statistics from 500 runs. A general conclussion is clear allready: good/bad luck rules in lesser numbers of runs. Results of larger numbers of runs just confirms theorethical expectations.