Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Countess immune to cold and fire?!?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by viruszero, Mar 11, 2004.

1. viruszero

viruszero IncGamers Member

Countess immune to cold and fire?!?!

Ok I finally got to act 1 hell with me meteorb sorce only to find that the countess was fire and cold immune. WTF? so i started a new game and got to her again. Once again, she was fire cold immune. Is she always that way? I cant kill her!!! :(

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Always that way. Build up a good act 2 might merc and give him a high damage weapon. You static her, he finishes her off - it's much faster than you'd think.

3. viruszero

viruszero IncGamers Member

There is no way im getting a nm act 2 because they come at lvl 45 and im 72. is a hell defencive act 2 merce good enough?

edit: just saw you wrote might O_O will that work?

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

5. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I suppose a hell merc would work, it just wouldn't be as fast as a might merc. Be sure to set him up with a good damaging weapon and you can probably do fine.

6. moi

moi IncGamers Member

next time, buy him when you're in nightmare ;)

7. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, I had that same problem....guess I'll have to try upgrading my merc's equip a little bit.

8. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

mine is a pure fire sorc and even though she can get to the countess relatively fast, she cant hit her cos of her dual immunity. thank god for Chalan ( my hell act2 Def merc :lol: )

as said before..static her, let ur merc poke jab her to death. VERY fast. :thumbsup:

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

For solo play in hell mode your sorc would be lost without a merc. I guess it was already quite a pain to kill the cold-immune, fast-running rogues in the field of stones without a merc, right ? That was just the beginning. Try to kill hell Duriel with a sorc, for example...

Get a nightmare act 2 merc (I favor the defensive one with holy freeze) and level him up by doing nightmare baalruns. Give him a Crown of Thieves, a big defense armor with some nice mods (I normally use Gris armor) and a big damage weapon (for leveling mercs, I use an ethereal Pierre Tombale Couant, for example), so he can kill stuff alone (which will give him much more xp). Do nightmare Baal minion runs (skip Baal !) until he is L75 (and you as well). Get a Reaper's Toll in the meantime (costs 15+20 pgems) which will be the weapon he uses in hell.

10. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

Use a hammerdin or physical damage character against the countess. They take her out very easily.

11. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I like the Act 2 hell defiance merc. U can cheaply gear him w/ stealskull/crown of thieves, duriels, and bonehew. He'll have no problem wiping up the Countess