Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Countess farming

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by jsiv, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Countess farming

Just decided to try some countess runs to collect some midlevel runes as runes just don't seem to drop as often as in 1.09 other places in the game.

Got a nice bunch of Rals and Orts on the first 10 runs, so I figured I'd go on so I could get enough to cube upto some Amns and Sols.

Then on the 12th run or so an Ist drops! I did a billion 1.09 countess runs and I never found an Ist before, so I decided to take a peak in the mpq's to see the rune drop rate improvements (as this site has forgotten ALL about updating to 1.10 info, apparently) and it certainly looks like the odds have improved to find some good runes at the countess.

Something like 0.089% chance to get an Ist when you kill her now according to my calcs. Or 1 in every 1121 runs.

Anyone else had any luck farming her?

2. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

hell ya dude nice find

ive done less then 100 runs, maybe less then 75, i lost track but ive gotten

2 ko
    1 fal
    1 lem
    1 um
    1 mal

numerous amns and sols for crafting, as well as other mid runes that i dont save...good stuff

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Very nice find!

I run the Countess ALOT. I have yet to have that type of luck. But I do pick up all runes (yes, even the Els) and cube them up. They add up pretty quickly.

4. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Very nice finds there Stemis.

@Kelicc, yeah they add up nicely - I must admit, though, I can't be arsed picking up anything below Ral for cubing up.

5. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I run her alot myself, hoping for higher mid runes for upgrade recipes.

The odds of an Ist are about the same as they were in 1.09... if you think about the actual odds. Funny thing about that Countess, the only place with better odds of Ist or Gul is the Hellforge.

I think it has already been debated which is faster tho, running Countess or rushing Hell chars.

6. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

I haven never run hell countes, probably never will, i dont feel it is worth the thousands of runs, to get a good rune everynow and then.

7. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Hm, I couldn't find the Countess stats in the 1.09 TreasureClassEx.txt so I went by the table here: http://www.diabloii.net/items/tc-monster.shtml#rune

That table says 2864:1 for an Ist.

However, in the 1.10 TreasureClassEx.txt the countess is listed and she has the possibility to drop 3 runes. All three rune drops has a 25% risk of rolling NoDrop.

The TC which is picked from is "Runes 12", which contains Mal and Ist, and Ist has a 2/5045 chance to be picked.

So 3 * 0.75 * (2/5045) * 100 = 0.0892% to drop an Ist (or 1121:1)

Actually, the chance would be a small bit bigger, since that calculation only goes for her rune pick. Her item pick might end up dropping a rune as well...way less likely though.

Anyway, either the odds are greatly improved or that table I referred to is sort of wrong.

That or I'm missing something :p In that case, enlighten me :)