counter poison necro??

Slayaboxer

Diabloii.Net Member
counter poison necro??

my friend just started a poison necro, i still wanna be the champion among the gang so how do i counter with my shocker??

Cleansing seems good, slvl 2 give 45% curse/poison time reduction, since Pnova are only 2 seconds, it takes away 1 second and basically halve the damage. Im only lvl 48 right now but later when i can wear shako etc etc i'll get higher +skills

this is 1 option what else??

thx
 

mic pb

Diabloii.Net Member
if ur just dueling with friends put antidotes in your belt and bam..no more poison necro! haha actually no dont do that..actually do itll make them mad :p
 

royalesse

Diabloii.Net Member
depends on what rules you duel by... Cleanse, Prayer, and Charge sound like a good combo if he PNovas. PDagger shouldn't be a problem but you can always beef up Holy Sheild and Defiance. Other than that scrounge around for a Death's Hand (-75% poison length).

If he's going minion less then do the FoH Pally
 
royalesse said:
depends on what rules you duel by... Cleanse, Prayer, and Charge sound like a good combo if he PNovas. PDagger shouldn't be a problem but you can always beef up Holy Sheild and Defiance. Other than that scrounge around for a Death's Hand (-75% poison length).

If he's going minion less then do the FoH Pally
Minions wouldn't matter anyway. FoH isn't blocked by minions anymore, just makes it harder to hit the necro if he tele's around a lot (bringing the golem on you).

But use death's hand and Guardian Angel with stacked poison resist to negate his lower resist. If you have a couple -75% duration items and 95% poison resist and Cleansing on, he'll do crap dmg to you. At least crap low enough to let you live long enough to kill him with a non-aura'd charge.
 

DarKAzNKiD

Diabloii.Net Member
well...y not use andys visage? 70% psn resist and 10% max to psn resist...mix that with GA and HoZ w/ pdiamond....ur psn problems are gone...
 

Megaman123

Diabloii.Net Member
Consider Deaths gloves, belt combo. It gives you:
- 75% poison length reduction
- 50% poison resist
- cannot be frozen
- 15% resist all
- 30% increased attack speed

Couple that with andy's visage no poison attack will hurt you.
 

Mike777

Diabloii.Net Member
i got a unique weapon last night, some knife that gives +95% poison resitance and +20 to max poison resistance

decided to save it
 

Module88

Diabloii.Net Member
What you have to remember here is poison nova lasts all but two seconds. Poison length reduction won't help you for squat. 95% PR stacked is the only way you'll stand a chance against the massive amounts of poison characters can deal now, especially necromancers /w LR.
 

blk78

Diabloii.Net Member
stack some replenish life too if allowed =) p.skull does good job in armors like nat. with 3 socket if you don't mind losing few skills etc...
 

Squix

Diabloii.Net Member
His lower resist will be taking off about 60%, so you're going to need a total of about 225 poison resist (if you're dueling in hell) and increased max poison resist to 95. So his 7000 poison nova will be doing only 350 before any pvp penalties. If you even have just 50% pois length reduced, that'll be 175 in 1 second. Then pvp penalty of 1/6 (???) would take it down to around 30 damage per second. Shouldn't be much of a problem. It's the Jade Tan Do that gives +20 max pois resist, which is all you need to add there. Since this does crap for damage, you'll probably want to go FoH, as previously stated, or else one of the elemental damage auras (foly freeze?).
 

weirdbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Mike777 said:
i got a unique weapon last night, some knife that gives +95% poison resitance and +20 to max poison resistance

decided to save it
sorry to burst your bubble, but the jade tan-do is pretty useless a few levels after you can equip it. it works out to give you perfect poison res in normal, not beyond, for a reason. beyond normal you might as well be punching rather than swinging it.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
weirdbeard said:
sorry to burst your bubble, but the jade tan-do is pretty useless a few levels after you can equip it. it works out to give you perfect poison res in normal, not beyond, for a reason. beyond normal you might as well be punching rather than swinging it.
Yes, but thats hardly a problem if you are not melee is it? FoH or hammers would work with Jade Tan Do i guess. I don't duel so i'm not sure of this but doesn't holy bolt dmg necro's? they count as undead or something? If it does you can get massive (12k?) magical dmg before pvp penalty. may be way off track there though.
 

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
No, HBolt only damages undeads, the necromancer is only a mortal that understand the circle of life, read the game manual :p...
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
iceball_aarf said:
No, HBolt only damages undeads, the necromancer is only a mortal that understand the circle of life, read the game manual :p...
Fairy Snuff

I stand corrected :)
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Venom ward/death's belt/gloves/jade tando is about all you should need for poison resists. I don't remember the exact stats but that should max you out and give you around 250 stacked resists. Cleansing is just icing on the cake.

You could also keep a three-tal helmet and a four-tal armor if you REALLY wanna stack, but that might be overkill :p
 
Top