Couldn't find an answer to this simple MP question

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
Couldn't find an answer to this simple MP question

Are the games listed in the MP sticky mostly open bnet games or tcp/ip?

If this is covered elsewhere my apologies and could you please point me to where it's at?

Thank you in advance. :uhhuh:

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
gravitysrainbow said:
Are the games listed in the MP sticky mostly open bnet games or tcp/ip?

If this is covered elsewhere my apologies and could you please point me to where it's at?

Thank you in advance. :uhhuh:
The SPF generally discusses non-bnet topics (and much else). The games in the sticky are all tcp/ip games as far as i know.

The MP thread only uses Ip games where possible, because its a pain to connect to open bnnet, then create a password (or risk having haxx0rs who enjoy killing people automatically from 3 acts away rather than play the game)
Its just easier to use IP games.

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Since they all give IP numbers it would seem that they are indeed TCP/IP games...
true, however never having used open bnet and now not being able to because of the mod i'm playing i have no way to know what the open bnet interface requires or does not require. So instead of making that assumption i thought i'd ask. :)

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
The MP thread only uses Ip games where possible, because its a pain to connect to open bnnet, then create a password (or risk having haxx0rs who enjoy killing people automatically from 3 acts away rather than play the game)
Its just easier to use IP games.
Thank you bob. I appreciate it. :thumbsup: