Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Could I make an enjoyable amazone with this weapon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ironcarrot, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Ironcarrot

Ironcarrot IncGamers Member

Could I make an enjoyable amazone with this weapon

Demon arch balrog spear, about 100 pts average damage adding around 150 points of fire and lightening each hit, steals 9% life and replenishes quanity.

Is it a good weapon, and what kind of ama could i make

2. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

You will notice your skill choice would be the same as a titan wielding zon. ie lf/cf/pj etc. However, this weapon don't have the +2 to amazon skill and +2 to jav skill which a titan have that may greatly benefit those said skills.

3. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

Yes you can, the additional elemental dmg will compensate for the lack of +2 skills somewhat. You might need two for ammo reasons too, only 80 isn't gonna cut it =P

4. jren

jren IncGamers Member

like already stated, your build will be the same as a javazon with titans.

oh and i have 206%ed eth demon arches and 200%ed eth titans and
    no, the elemental dmg does not compensate for the advantages of the titans for several reasons:

1) dmg is far less, even with the elemental dmg included because of the +2 to ALL amazon skills and +2 to ALL javalin skills, this should be enough to say that titans are better.
    3) small stack size compared to titans(although this is mainly only a problem for eths)
    2) maybe im wrong but, elemental dmg does not work with lightning fury (only close range attacks).
    3) again, just the +2 to all amazon skills will also help your passives/bow skills for the titans which makes it all the better.
    4) titans gives str and dex points
    ------
    nonetheless, demon arches are good javalins.

oh i do realize that demons have some advantages over titans such as 30ias and potentially higher leech. But again, the advantages don't make it better than titans.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I would say that an ethereal demon's arch would be better for a purely melee javazon (fend, jab but no lightning skills) instead of titans. Now if the titans are ethereal or upgraded well then titan just flat out beats any demons arch.

6. Ironcarrot

Ironcarrot IncGamers Member

I actually have the plus two to skills weapon mentioned. titsrevenge will be leveling this weekend and I just need to find an adequate build, matey sticky seems to be fine, i will just give my merc the elemental damage spear.

I have a shaft stop, plus two skills glove (magic/passive) and an amulet. Along with 4 skills to jav is this amazone gonna cut it in nightmare/the pit.