Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Could anyone please help me with my spearazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 8, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

Could anyone please help me with my spearazon?

I'm going to use Lycander's Flank or Steel Pillar, and Fend. For Physical Immunes, I'm thinking along Magic Arrow with Buriza, Kuko or Hellrack. I'm also going to max Valkyrie, and place some more points in passive skills.

Which items/skills should I use? I'm afraid of going to lvl80, and suddenly not being able to kill because she sucks. Thanks for your help.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

i think your better of making a lightning zon myself.

fend is way to bugged to work propetly as of now.

but if you want a challange try it out.

a good hint would be to check the AB spearzon forums too.

but really the lightning zon build posted here is great

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Exactly, fend with a slow weapon will result in nothing but interruptions from passives and will result in a quick death for you since it is hard to leech when you can't hit anything. Swap those weapons for a shaeled arloc's needle (huge skills, base -10 speed with 50% ias, ignore target's defense) and you should have better luck.

4. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Oh and lower your expectations for the speed of monster kills. You'll definitely progress much slower than a traditional lightning zon.

One more tip is that you should try your best NEVER to be surrounded! Its ironic and seems contrary to the ideal of a Fendazon but basically, if you're constantly surrounded by monsters, your fend is always interuppted. 2-3 monsters for your fend is abt right.

Similarly, going with a HF merc is a good idea. Slower monsters means slower attacks which means lesser interuptions.

Last tip is you can actually stand behind your merc/valk to attack the monsters since spears have a pretty long reach. Then you can fend more efficiently. Only thing is you might need them for crowd control anyway so the situation might not always arise. But its very useful in crowded areas like the arcane santuary etc

5. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

I solo-ed a fendazon (no li skills) in hcl, quite a challenge. I had standard 12/7/12 in d/a/e, so lots of interrupts. Forget the idea about tanking a pack and fend away (= instant death). You would rather pick up the remaining monsters that merc/valk have left for you :lol:. As for merc choice, I choose for defiance merc for defense boost. My end weapon was a shaeled stoneraven, but if not for the resist, I would have used the upg. lycanders. To work around the fend bug, you might try to minimize the investment in d/a/e and dump the saved skill points in Inner Sight. The problem with fendazon is in the stat distributiion: you need at least 100+ str, 1K life and put the rest in dexterity. To compensate the lack of attack rating (compared to a bowazon, which have at least 300 Dex), you can use Inner sight the reduce your enemies defense, thus hitting monsters more easily.

You have to go rather slowly and invest lots of time/energy compared to other builds to finish hell solo, but looking back, she was fun to play.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Inner sight is useless past the early parts of normal because it it deducts a small flat amount of a monster's defense (eg. 50) NOT a %. Those points are far better spent in critical strike and penetrate.

7. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Actually, we had an old thread before the wipe-out about the usefulness of high level inner sight. Basically for best results, you need abt lvl 20 IS in Act 5 NM and lvl 30 IS in Act 5 Hell. Of course, for a spearazon, your penetrate should be maxed first before pts in IS. It provides a better boost. Just don't forget to cast IS before a fight. Even a low level IS is worth the 1sec it takes to cast it.