Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Could A Poison Creeper...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ravenforce3, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Could A Poison Creeper...

The more I look at it, the better Poison Creeper looks. Vines are notorious for dying (at least for me) during boss battles, but I've been wondering about incorperating it into a Bear build. Something along the lines of...

15 Werebear
    15 Lycanthropy
    20 Maul
    15-20 HoW
    5 Shockwave

Now is where I run into a gray area. I could almost max Creeper to give it more life, as HoW won't help it any. Or I could pick up a Bear to keep the heat off it while it goes about it's buisness of slowly infecting the various creatures along the way. Really, it's more for novelty than anything, but I want to see if I could make it work...

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I'm not sure on this .... reason is is b/c most people expect to get decent gear thus kill stuff faster where pv wouldnt help to to much considering most monsters will die in a few seconds (30 max) and point sacrifce is pretty big.

3. Ravenforce3

Granted, but like I said, it's kinda more for novelty than anything. I'm pretty much doing this without gear anyway, so...

4. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

There's a 1.09 Poison Creeper Guide in the Strat Compendium, don't know how it would work out for 1.10 though. Supposedly it worked in 1.09.

5. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

That 1.09 guide only got me curious. Really it left me with more questions than answers. I will say that the game calculates damage from the poison vine differently than you would expect. I noticed that my lvl 5 vine can kill a Blood Lord (Tauren) in 1-2 seconds even though it's listed damage is 15-17 over 4 seconds and the Blood lord has 500+ hp.

You can read the 1.09 guide yourself but it doesn't provide many hard facts. My theory is since the mat is area of effect and re-infects it might just continue to re-infect as the monster does 'actions' on it from moving to attacking. Volcano attacks every 2 frames so maybe the mat infects that fast if not faster thereby accelerating the stated damage.

I'm going to Try out a Bowler with Max poison creeper to test it out. However... I have a fissure build I'm trying to complete first. :/

FYI the grizzly won't help the vine survive. I have 3 maxed dire wolves, a might merc, and myself (a Meleementalist) and my vine still dies. If you really want it to survive then just put more points into it.

6. Ravenforce3

Thanks for the input. I checked the guide out, but sadly, it's nothing like I'm looking for. The thing that really confused me is that, if the Mat thing takes effect, why are you using Shockwave to stun them? If they are stunned, they won't move and they won't reinfect themselves.

I guess it's off to SP again to twink and test this build before I take it more public where I'm basically broke.

7. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Do ya got a good single player editor / hack? I haven't looked for one in a while to use to test.

If you have an Aldur set, I have a Titan Meleementalist thread running. I think it would work well with a bowler/poison creeper.

I was thinking:

20 Armageddon
    20 Volcano
    20 Moulten Boulder
    20 Dire Wolves
    20 Poison Creeper
    1 in all pre-reqs and 1 in grizzly and you have all 111 skill points allocated.

The cool thing is that you got 3 forms of damage 2-3k in fire from Armageddon
    400 in physical from moulten boulder, or 274 in phys and fire at 2 FPA from volcano and a maxed Poison creeper. That and you can use moulten boulder to take the heat off your summons if you need to...

Looks good to me with either a might merc or a prayer mer decked in Crushing blow.

8. Ravenforce3

I'm not hacking and I'm not editing my character at all. I'm testing his survival by doing what I do best: twinking. Thanks to the helpful people in the SPF and Doc's ATMA, I can test and retest this build as many times as I like.