Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cost of HoZ in Trade

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Krollin, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Cost of HoZ in Trade

On European Realm,

I have been recently been trying to trade for a HoZ and, even though I have checked various trade forums, have found that HoZ is worth a lot more in trade than I could ever have imagined.

I though that offering things like Trangs Armour, Nats Armour with 3 clean sockets, Ravenfrost and Athenas (neat drood weapon) would be enough but I am getting laughed at :)

Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable amongst you could help with this.

PS, yes I am MFing like a mad thing for one as well. The items listed about I found in about 30 minutes of MFing in Hell. Still no HoZ though even after a week of runs.

2. AuraAllan

AuraAllan IncGamers Member

I have the same problem.....

Trade trade trade.... but no HoZ.

People just want more then it is actually worth.

I´d say keep mf´ing

~AuraAllan~

3. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

I am doing anyway :)
    Maybe I can get a cracked sash for the Nats Armour :)

4. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

if you are looking only for HoZ try mfing in nightmare... less item variety so you might have greater chance of getting it.

I got 1 HoZ from nm Diablo, the other from nm Eld.

5. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

all anyone wants anymore is 290s the only fourms I know of that you can even (try) to trade with is this one.

6. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

This is definitely an option because I have just discovered that my MF character has Ribcracker lying around in its stash not being used (doh). The 50% CB will come in very handy for speeding things up, no risk involved because I have maxed resists in NM with maxed MF and Ribcracker for the beat-down.

7. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Ooops, didn't want to give the impression I was trying to trade for one in this forum.

Sorry if I did.

8. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Funny, I noticed this too...

It's like theres been an influx of pally cookie cutters and not enough HoZ's to supply them all.

In fact, I just scanned the trade channel and saw 7 different hammerdin pallys. They seem to be the ultimate mf char now, and everyone wants one. And yea they all had HoZ's.

Infact a couple days ago I saw someone sell a Heart of the Oak flail for a Herald of Zak! It's nuts, I always thought they sold for soj's, or stuff like trangs set, unid oculus, ect...

Now I see em selling for runewords? What is going on?

The d2 economy is so unstable.

Maybe I should cash in and sell mine for a rune or two.

9. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Supply and demand my dears.

10. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

Im sorry If I implied that you were trading for 290s what I ment was that they probally laugh at your stuff because all (they) want is 290s or thats how it is for me anyways -_-.

11. The_Redemptor

The_Redemptor IncGamers Member

HoZ

Maybe some of you know that TC51 is bugged (that's the reason why HoZ is that expensive, some other items in this TC / and don't wonder why they are the most expensive exceptional stuff: Skullder's Ire, Vampire Gaze,...)
    Hey you can build good palas WITHOUT Herold, a Stormshield is WAY better. This is especially true for hc mode, as a pala is a low-life character and damage reduction is more important than a little increase in damage from +skills. Ok Storm is not cheap either, but as far as I know it is easier to find (higher chance to drop)

12. Fixie

Fixie IncGamers Member

I play Avenger on eu-scl, luckily my java found a Tal's Armour from one of the creatures around Shenk and traded this for a Leviathan and a 175% ed HoZ.

The value of a HoZ is in the range of gul I guess.

13. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

It's the same with Pala Combat skillers (All skillers have about the same chance to appear I believe?) something like a plain +1 curses necro skiller goes for next to nothing, but just today in the trading forums I saw a plain pala combat skiller with the highest bid as Lum+Ko+Stormshield!

14. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

Im just shocked at what a noob this guy is.........he actually thinks that Stormshield...aka Ss is way better then Hoz. This guy needs to be castrated to prevent passing the dominant gene for pure stupidity along into future generations. Hoz is MUCH MUCH better it has +2pally skills +2 pally combat skills, its the highest blocking shield in game, great defence, 30%faster block rate,20% to attack rating,20 to streanth and vitality and not to mention 50 to ALL RESISTS and you can wear it at lvl 42. Ss you cant wear until +70. So while I will always love Ss, for a pally Hoz is 10times better

15. VoodooCamel

VoodooCamel IncGamers Member

Let's keep the flaming to a minimum, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

16. Pisken

Pisken IncGamers Member

my 2$ on finding HoZ ... i found BOTH other Uni Pally shields...but a HoZ....noway , actually i found 2 Alma shields .... wierd ... or a bug :)

17. The_Redemptor

The_Redemptor IncGamers Member

Well HoZ gets killed by Undead Stygian Dolls, Storm doesn't. If you lose your connection (due to whatever technical problem, this seems to happen more often in 1.10 than in 1.09 imo) Storm will often save your life where else you would have died with HoZ. Remember a pala usually has no Battle Orders or Oak Sage so dam reduction is almost a must-have mod (especially for melee palas). But I agree with you that HoZ is better for caster palas like hammerdins. As I've played many palas in my pala life one can say a melee pala has at most two 'safe' setups for his gear:
    1) Guardian Angel + Stormshield (This is the only way to get the resistance caps as well as the dam reduction cap, Storm's main advantage over HoZ) + Shaefer's Hammer (Storm's +strength second main advantage over HoZ)
    --- This one gets five very important dam reduction caps as well as one of the best weapon's in the game----------
    2) Shaftstop + Herold (This one will usually also get the physical dam reduction cap, but if you don't max every single synergy of vengeance it is close to impossible to get resistance caps) + whatever weapon but most often Shaefer's Strength requirement is too high. Remember a pala is a low life character and souls with only 75% light resistance are a pain - guess why these palas' ultimate weapon often is a lightsaber.

If you go for Storm, you often go for Shaefer's too, in which case you definitely get a better damage output than with Herold+Lightsaber. But it's a matter of taste too.

18. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Yea, its crazy how all of the prices have changed in 1.10. Luckily I stocked up on everything in 1.09 so when 1.10 came around and everyone and thier dog wanted a HoZ i had 8 of them unid on a mule. I have only sold 3 of them for high runes (lol i know) and kept the other 5.

My suggestion would be not to trade for them by asking for them directly but to offer something and then ask for a Hoz in trade. I have found that this works well. I had a 1.09 Aldurs armor that a guy wanted and when he asked me what i wanted for it i asked him if he had any Hoz. It turns out that he had 4 unid hoz and he didnt want any of them, so i got all 4 for the armor.

Neway best of luck!

Anti

19. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i got lucky with my heralds. 1 of em i got for a few 7% mf charms. the other i got as part of a package deal for a 4 socket flail.

20. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Herald of Zakarum is actually quite rare item. It's class specific and the TC it's in is crowded with many more base items. And add that to the huge demand of it nowadays... Price goes through the roof. It's worth what it's worth, I don't think anyone can say some item is worth more/less than it really is or anything like that. It's actually a very good item too :drool:

I still remember how I got my first HoZ in the beginning of ladder. I traded a useless Eaglehorn to Stormshield and then proceeded to trade that to HoZ :p Can't do that anymore :D