Corrupted or Not??

superpoorcollegestudent

Diabloii.Net Member
Corrupted or Not??

so i was playing a lan game with some friends one day and my computer got an error about the soundblaster and got something similiar to the blue screen of death. the game didn't stop right away for the rest of my friends but shut down soon, i was hosting. but when i restarted the computer and tried to host again my char. was gone from the selection screen! I was rather pissed b/c i had just gotten the last piece of immortal king from a friend. all of the files are still on the computer though...is it beyond saving?

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
uhh you could try loading it into atma or something like that to see if it is readable or not. Only thing i can think of that *might* make it so you can retreave yer items. Good luck

theds

Diabloii.Net Member
Google "Diablo Hero Editor" and that sucker will probably be able to recover your character, if it isn't corrupted by Baal... er, I mean, by an HDD error (like you were in the middle of writing the characer when everything froze). You might not get back your most recent stuff, but should be pretty close to recent.

theds

Diabloii.Net Member
Trainer? WTF is that? Maybe YOU GUYS with all your access to millions of other players, who can find complete sets just by asking for them are feeling a little spoiled, but us REAL PEOPLE who do it the hard way and have to do it all by ourselves, and play 100 games just to be able to get enough stuff together to have an overkill character with the best of everything at every level, well you know what? Not all of us live and breathe this game, so if there's a tool out there that allows us equal footing with you online players (or at least gets us closer to it), then so be it.

So sit back in your cushy chair, with your very first character, who's at level 10 and facing Hell Baal and whipping his butt thanks to all the assists and free gear from other players, and let us play how we like. Some of us use the Hero Editor responsibly (that is: rarely) and don't ruin our games.:clap:

DaCerZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Not everyone here, has this seemingly phantom mega-wealth you think, but its still against the site rules to help someone on how to get something that directly inteferes with the game. If you do it? Thats fine, just don't publically announce it here, because it's looked down on and can earn you a temp ban at the very least.

Oh, that and flaming another user too, also bad-bad.

Just a friendly heads up :)

-Dace-

NecroWraith

Diabloii.Net Member
superpoorcollegestudent said:
so i was playing a lan game with some friends one day and my computer got an error about the soundblaster and got something similiar to the blue screen of death. the game didn't stop right away for the rest of my friends but shut down soon, i was hosting. but when i restarted the computer and tried to host again my char. was gone from the selection screen! I was rather pissed b/c i had just gotten the last piece of immortal king from a friend. all of the files are still on the computer though...is it beyond saving?
Depending on your Operating System you may be able to back it up to the point just before the crash happened. If so your PC may have saved that restore point. OS ME has a back feature along with most operating systems after, they may not be as good as XP pro but it may work. If you are using something before that I'd have to say your screwed. Look in your Help and Support section that should be either in control panel or on your application program menus...

Good Luck..