Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Corpse explotion, paranoia and item drops.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Makhlath, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Corpse explotion, paranoia and item drops.

Heysa,

After playing a CE-Summoner for quite some time, it seems that killing monsters with CE tends to give less dropped items. I've done zounds of andy/meph runs with him, and I've never gotten an unique/rare while killing with CE. Seems that killing things with the CE blast might not be affected by the mf% I wear. This might just be a coincidence, and hopefully I'm just paranoid,- but I want to know for sure.

Has killing with CE anything to do with item drops or mf%?

-mak

2. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

I haven't noticed a problem with my MF Summoner (20 in CE)

3. Makhlath

Hehe ok, guess I'm just getting paranoid. Nice to speed things up again and Chain-CE with no remorse :)

4. phlegmatic

phlegmatic IncGamers Member

I've actually noticed the same thing. Less drops with CE :(

Or maybe I'm just paranoid as well ?

5. KSechrist

KSechrist IncGamers Member

Well, your MF has no effect on the quantity of your drops. All +MF% does is give the drops you get a better chance to be unique, set, rare or even magic. So, killing with 1000mf or 0mf has no effect on # of drops. All that does help/hurt # of drops is # of players in the game (or /players when in single player). More players = less chance of "no drop" happening.

Next, CE doesn't appear to affect drops in that I've never had a super unique (like pindleskin) fail to drop when CE kills them. Every game I MF, I start in act 5, summon 6 skeles from the "already dead", rush pindle, wait on the first corpse then CE until Pindle's dead. He always drops potions & items. Obviously I could be NOT killing him and actually having the skeletons/merc/golem kill pindle, but based just on the # of times I've killed him while corpses are exploding would disagree with that.

6. phlegmatic

phlegmatic IncGamers Member

Good point.

I CE him too and he always drops [mostly crap] items, but when I do mf-runs it seems like there's less drops when I use CE. I've never read anything on this subject before so I doubt it's true. Anyhow, I still let my merc do the moste of the killing :bonk:

7. Makhlath

I guess...

I guess its not just me then. The item count from the superbosses may be normal, but other monsters do drop less when killing with CE.