Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Corpse Explosion and Necro Wand

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by kohlman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

Corpse Explosion and Necro Wand

I have maxed Corpse explosion and I was wondering how exactly the damage dealt works. I am a Fishymancerwhen considering skills and I am using Trangs set with Marrowwalks until I get the pieces for the Enigma gear setup. I know that the damage is half fire damage and half physical damage. But my questions are:

1. Against a normal monster with no resistances, would lower resist or amplify damage work better? If both are equal then I assume that amplify damage would be better for the skellies sake.

2. Is the damage done in a diminishing return considering the radius? I.E. Does a monster at 10 yards receive the same damage as a monster at 1 yard?

Thanks for any help.

2. Remlin

Remlin IncGamers Member

1-Yes, Amp Dam works better against a monster with no resists. Amp reduces physical resists by 100%. Lower Resist lowers Poison, Fire, Lightning, and Cold Resistances. It does not lower Physical Resistance. Is only lowers it as per the level of the spell (see the Arreat Summit for the stats.)

2-Any monster within the radius gets the same damage. It does not diminish as distance increases.

3. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i guess it might also depends on what you rely on for your dmg..mages vs skeles right?

skeles then go with amp when using CE
    mages then LR with CE>...

and im pretty sure Remlin is right on the lack of diminishing dmg...its just radius

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

From This Fishymancer Guide