Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

COOLEST monster?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TiMBerWoLFff, Mar 18, 2004.

1. TiMBerWoLFff

TiMBerWoLFff IncGamers Member

COOLEST monster?

this kinda of thread is probably pretty irregular but i'd just find it interesting to hear what all u knowledgeable folk on SPF think is the COOLEST monster.

i dont mean easiest to kill or best drops or anything like that. forget about all the stats and figures....what is ur favourite monster conceptually? preferably not mentioning the big three....

mines probably the thorned hulk (i tried to get a new name on here as horned_thulk (yeah great spelling) but no just wouldnt exept my hotmail). i mean they are WALKING TREES that prance around in groups killing things...i mean how cool is that (albeit not entirely original *CoUgh*LoRdOFThERiNGs*COuGh*) ...and do they fall over when they die?? nope.. they burst into flames n turn into lil logs...im mean how COOL! not even baal does that, he just pukes on your WTs.

anyway, all the immaturity aside lets hear everyone from the SPF their fav monster design wise with the big scores in the coolness factor.

oh and the summoner is awesome too (sucks game-wise tho).

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

My vote on the coolest monster are the Flayers :D

Little midgets with HUGE knifes running around in packs! How often does that happen? :teeth:

3. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

in the same vein...undead stygian dolls....midget skeletons with big knives the blow up when they die!

of course, the big winner for demon you least want to bring home to your parents... andariel...well, maybe if she put some clothes on...

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

frozenstein is tha best monstar EVARR!!!!one :D

5. TiMBerWoLFff

yep... andy's definitely got the second best line in the game "DIE MAGGOT!!" no goody two shoes paladin can really argue with that (the best line has gotta be RACKANISHU!! i still love it).
    and speaking of not-putting-clothes-on...yeah mostly everyone knows about this probably...but....
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-minion.shtml

u just KNOW this boy is cold immune. :lol:

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

General coolness:

* Leapers (I love the fast-paced dynamic action of fighting them, their looks, sounds, etc.)
    * Lashers (Bondage gear, disgusting sounds, very cool death animation. What´s not to like?)
    * Balrogs (They have the scary look of a "standard" demon, cool death animation)
    * Suckers/Feeders (Giant poisonous mosquitoes attacking you at 100 mph!)

Coolest names:

1. Frozenstein
    2. Creeping Feature
    3. Random bosses sometimes (Flame Flame, Puke Feast, Death Killer, etc.)

Cool because thay are such general bada*ses:

1. Ancient Kaa the Soulless
    2. Pre-1.10 Lord De Seis & Co.

But several monster types from Diablo 1/Hellfire just "pwns" the D2 monsters regarding coolness, IMO.

7. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

timberwolf..... i hate you for that link, i hate you now and forever

j/k btw ;)

my favorite monster is a "ghostly ghost" i take a screeny of everyone i see, and i have like 70 different ones ^.^

8. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

You know, I thought andarial was showing some skin....that link is just wrong... :cheesy:

I have to agree with jiansonz....DI...the acid spitting dogs just rocked...

9. TiMBerWoLFff

bradley, Whiskey...my heartfelt apologies....
    i probably should have put a warning on that one :lol: i just found it 2 funny to resist

*giggles himself into a dark corner* vbmenu_register("postmenu_1586978", true);

10. strijdje

11. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

for the concept
    Fetish Shaman

and for the aspect
    Oblivion Knight

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Uhhhh...if you have followed Timbers link, may I ask one thing?

What the hell is Reziarfg. Have anyone seen it ever? I think that guy would be the coolest monster...another option would be Frenzytaurs or Balrogs, they are just so nasty

13. strijdje

turn that name around, he's a moderator and this is part of a april's fool joke :teeth:

14. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

I love the cows. You just have to turn up the sound on that. Mooooo

:lol:

15. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Noooo I was fooled!!!1! This spoiled my whole day! :teeth:

Really, I didn't know that :lol:

But that kind of monster would REALLY be very nice, it should give some extra good drops :evil:

16. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

"Normal Monsters"
    Frenzytaurs because they loose their cool without stopping being cool.

Gloam type dudes in Hell, they are sneaky, burning, blitzing barstewards.

Stygian Dolls. Instead of making that silly warbling sound as they run towards you they should be shouting "Come on, kill me you coward!"

Flayers et al. Lots of little guys with plenty of attitude and about the best death animation for such a common monster.

Dread Lords or whatever, those vampire guys that can fireball you, firewall you, meteor you all while they look seriously Gothic as they glide everywhere. They never rush either.

Bosses in order.

5 - Act 2: Duriel, rarely seen, usually only 1 per act. Not much to say really
    4 - Act 4: Diablo, been reduced to punching bag for MF runners. Cool speech "Nothing in Hell can save you from me!" and longest death scene. No where near as fearsome as in D2 Classic
    3 - Mephisto. Changes colour as you beat him to a pulp, neat trick! Fairly quiet when you attack him, either that or I have heard it so often that I don't hear it anymore. Death scene too long for those who are anticipating the MF run drops.
    2 - Act 5: Baal. Has more tricks than a Las Vega Bar Magician. Cheats by summoning a mate (Baal's invisible friend from childhood has grown up?). Lack of bite made up for the second best mobility for a fat demon apart from Diablo and the fact that he has life proportional to his body weight.
    Has the best dirty laugh on BNet :)
    1 - Act 1: Andariel, Queen of Leather and Chains, nipples pierced as you wait. Just as you would expect a Demon Butch to be, "DIE MAGGOTS!" as you confront her, spraying venom all over the place. Watching all that mammaric material wobble with the chains (yes, I am dreaming :) ) almost makes you want to delay that first (and last) hit that will kill her.

17. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Coolest monster has to be the Overseers from Act 5. I just love the way they sort of disintegrate skin then flesh then bone when they die.

18. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I think Andariel has it. With the best line in the game and pierced nipples. "Die Maggot" used to make me laugh out loud.

19. kresida

kresida IncGamers Member

Flayers are my favorite..I love the silly sounds they make (and the animations) and it's soo fun killing them when playing with a sorceress..Other times though they are such a pain..

20. loverat

loverat IncGamers Member

Who has seen the Mummy 2?? I am SURE they stole the flayers for that jungle scene =)