Cooldowns

Toetag

Diabloii.Net Member
Cooldowns

I was watching the gameplay walkthrough for the millionth time, and i was wondering: Will the abilities have cooldowns, or be limited only by mana/energy consumption?
I couldn't really make out any cooldown effects on the abilities as he was triggering them.

TOE

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Cooldowns

I was watching the gameplay walkthrough for the millionth time, and i was wondering: Will the abilities have cooldowns, or be limited only by mana/energy consumption?
I couldn't really make out any cooldown effects on the abilities as he was triggering them.

TOE
That walkthough is probably outdated, the D3 now is no longer the D3 then.

FriskyDingo

Diabloii.Net Member

There are many moves which are said to have cooldowns.. mainly ones which would be pretty imbalanced without..
One example would be teleport..
In Diablo2 it was the end all be all of skills.. you needed it or you were left behind.
I believe it is now on an 8 second cooldown.
Investing into the skill will surely reduce this.
it also has a sort of "cast delay" to it and can no longer go through walls.

Toetag

Diabloii.Net Member

There are many moves which are said to have cooldowns.. mainly ones which would be pretty imbalanced without..
One example would be teleport..
In Diablo2 it was the end all be all of skills.. you needed it or you were left behind.
I believe it is now on an 8 second cooldown.
Investing into the skill will surely reduce this.
it also has a sort of "cast delay" to it and can no longer go through walls.
If this true, then that is actually pretty telling as far as what direction they are going with the game. Combine this with no portals and there's no more getting somewhere fast. You will be forced to go through the game every time.

TOE

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

If this true, then that is actually pretty telling as far as what direction they are going with the game. Combine this with no portals and there's no more getting somewhere fast. You will be forced to go through the game every time.

TOE
Of course, unless you want a Diablo 2.5.

It's a new game, and they don't want to repeat the mistakes made in D2.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

i have heard there was a "summon player to group" kind of thing in the game. if thats true then rushing can probably still happen just not as fast

Doctor Salvador

Diabloii.Net Member

i have heard there was a "summon player to group" kind of thing in the game. if thats true then rushing can probably still happen just not as fast
I believe on the wiki it talks about some sort of one way TP that can take players from town to where other players are fighting.

I love this whole idea of getting right to the action, but I wonder how it really works. Do the fighters in the action have to activate it? Nothing pained me more than "send tp plz plz plz plz tptptptp" in D2 the second someone joined the game.

Flux

Administrator

I love this whole idea of getting right to the action, but I wonder how it really works. Do the fighters in the action have to activate it?
They've only given the vague idea of what it'll be. no details about how it'll work. maybe blizzcon will = new infos.

I imagine it'll be something like a "scroll of potalplz" and you'll use it and immediately pop to the location, probably of the last checkpoint reached, by the others in the game.

question:
What if they're further in the game than your char has been yet? Can you use this to rush?

Also, what if there are 2 people in teh game, in different areas? where do you go then?

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

If it's anything like a portal, it'll say "I can't do that yet", and have names over each portal.