Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cool ways of using 'Cham'

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Greebo, May 18, 2014.

1. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Hi,

So I have this personal thing, where I use 'Cham' runes for cool things and I'm kinda proud of it.

So far, that meant that I used 'Cham' for:
    (1) Gripphon's (a cool zon and a cool pally)
    (2) Windforce (freezing strafer)
    (3) 'Hand of Justice' (auradin + future sorc maybe)

Each of those is pretty cool, I think. I'm especially proud of doing the Windforce thing, though Freezes Target is so nerfed for ranged attacks, it's almost sad.

Now, I have an extra 'Cham' to spend, and I'm wondering what to do with it. Here are some options I'm considering:

(1) Shako
    Here's the thing: I don't know what I'd ever use this for. Maybe a Magezon (but it's ugly as hell on her), Holy Freeze Zealot (but Nightwing's is probably better). I know Fabian said in his guide that it's best for Pit Barb and I believe him, but that character seems like way more complicated than what I want to play. Besides, I'm not running stuff no more.

(2) Nightwing's
    Now here's some potential, I've got an unused 15% one. Magezon with 'Ice' and this... No need for Ravenfrost = more skills. I'm tempted. Could do a Holy Freeze Pally, too. Though the fact that I don't have beta BKWBs would be pretty sad here. I kind of don't see any other uses for it though.

(3) Stick it in a weapon
    Ah, but what? I thought of Tomby, I have an amazing one (269ED, @50, 76MF), but then I'm stuck to 100 IAS, which means I can't make a 4-frame Bear. I think I'd rather stick 75ED + 45 IAS worth of jewels in it...

But maybe some other weapon, which could be cool with 'Cham' in it enough to make up for not being 'Grief' - in terms of fun, not dps.

(4) Something for the moron
    Ah, but what? I can see the alure, but for most uses 'Forti' + good Vamp Gaze take care of things, in my opinion. Doesn't seem cool enough, unless I'm missing something.

(5) Something for a sin / druid?
    I'm not that familiar with these classes to think of something which is totally of the hook. Ideas?

Or maybe you've used a 'Cham' in an interesting way I haven't even thought of?

--Greebo

2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

zod god

/thread

3. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Cham valk might be nice for a sin depending on the build.

Pride for LCS ePeniz.

Doom for fun.

Cham 1.07 shako for some mf builds.

Cham Andy's for moron.

If you get beta bkwb Nightwing's looks cool.

4. uglyfred

uglyfred IncGamers Member

'Pride' Iron Golem, ftw.

5. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Pride Iron Golem melee necro with synergized pnova from botd. yeah.

6. CorruptedMollusk

CorruptedMollusk IncGamers Member

I would use it for Doom and make a wolf with synergized volcano. And if I ever find a Cham, I will.

CM

7. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

I know my trapper could sort of benefit from a Cham. Even though you teleport most of the time, it is annoying when your Fireblasts get slowed down due to being frozen.

8. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

This is definitely something I'll have to test too. Maybe add Phoenix in the mix with synergized firestorm. Sounds cool!

9. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Put it in guillame face, best merc helm evar!

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I've seen eth double-upped venom ward "cham" for merc use =) Mucho style, and no worries about him changing color.

11. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

A trapper, Doom, Pride etc. And the obvious up 2 for Zod and make BOTD.

12. mir

mir IncGamers Member

You can make another HoJ in a bow. It will work nice on a fire based amazon (strafe as backup) with a LR wand on switch. The ITD mode will help to leech mana/life.

Fire blast/lightning sin with HoJ is a nice idea. Fire claw druid is another idea although it might not be the best weapon for this build.

13. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I'm sitting on three of these myself (including one from 1.09, and not counting the one I traded with you for a Ber, Greebo). I'm thinking one thing I'll do is to go Pride with a Faith GMB Strafer to get all 3 damage auras.

The other two might indeed go into a BoTD, but I don't think I have a suitable base for that yet.

14. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I decided I'm not gonna stick it into Moron's stuff - seems like a waste.

So far I concluded after some thinking:
    (-2) I'm not using this for moron gear. No way.

(-1) I refuse to make my moron use a weapon with no on-weapon ED (='Pride'). It's just... silly, no? Also Decrep >> Concentration, in my book.

(0) eBOTD? Meh... I mean, when will it ever beat 'Grief' or a good Tomby (depending on IAS needs)?

(1) A CtC Wolf is something I will make one day. Probably in 2016. Still... I think 'Destruction' wins with 'Doom' here. I mean 5% proc? That's a bit low, no?

(2) Nightwings is a valid choice

(3) I don't know enough about assassins - for what kind of sin would I stick Cham in something, and in what? I assume a Shako / 1.07 Valk... But I cannot see a 1.07 Build which doesn't want to have a Ravenfrost. Well, a trapper, OK, but wouldn't 'Cham'ed Shako be better there? I think I missing something here.

Regarding a zon - FA/EA zon is one of my favorites, but I take firing speed over anything that HoJ can offer, so 'Faith' MB for me. HF without synergies is puny. Not worth bothering with, I think.

So, follow up questions:
    - for a sin: I'm assuming Shako / 1.07 Valk if I really really need IAS?
    - 'Doom' builds: I can't actually think of any where this would shine... It's been a while since I properly planned. Ideas?

15. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

Greebo: Using Cham in shako on a Trapsin i spot on. She "needs" CBF, and ring and belt ideally go to Sojs and Arachnid.

16. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Ias being needed or not depends if you wsm bug or not and the claws you use. If you don't need IAS, Shako or a good circlet are better.

17. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

IAS can be had rather easily on your claws, and ideally from gloves as well for a trapsin. CBF can only be obtained from a few areas, and the Cham on the Shako is probably the best place to pick it up to avoid sacrificing +skills from a ring or belt.

18. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've been thinking about that some more... Isn't Chamed Griffon's better for a trapsin?

I will make Shako or Nightwing's depending on what I decide my future plans are. Thanks for the help!

19. dave

dave IncGamers Member

Even though the LCS say so, light dmg % / - enemy light res does not work on traps since they are considered minions. The only thing you would get from griffons is +1 skills and fcr.

20. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Ah, there it is. OK, I remember now that I used to know that. That explains it, thanks!