Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cool imbue

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jude, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Cool imbue

I used Charsi's imbue (which I normally use on boots or gloves or a belt) on a non-magical Bone Wand (Necro) and here's what I got:

Empyrian Bar Bone Wand
    One-handed damge: 3 to 7
    Durability: 15 of 15
    Required level: 16
    Staff Class - Very Fast Attack Speed

+1 to Summoning Skills (Necro)
    +30 Attack rating
    +80 Poison damage over 4 seconds
    6% Mana Stolen per hit
    +2 to Raise Skeletal Mage (Necro)
    +3 to Iron Maiden (Necro)
    +2 to Amplify Damage (Necro)
    Hit causes Monster to flee 50%
    +14 to Energy
    +3 to Light radius

50% damage to undead
    -------
    Not too bad, huh? Something like this would have cost at least a couple of hundred thousand GP assuming it ever even showed up in the stores. I just wish it had a socket or two, too, so I could have put in a Skull or the Rune that lowers Monster defence.
    I read a string here a couple of days ago that said a lot of people think it's a waste of time to use Charsi's Imbue, but even if I didn't like the wand, I could have sold it (or almost any wand) for several thousand GP (of course, that's not true for boots, gloves, etc).
    Jude

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

That's a nice wand:) If this is in normal I'd probably also imbue my wand, but in later difficulties I'd definitely take boots/belts/gloves or maybe a "real" weapon. Later on you should have enough money to shop for a decent necro wand and there are a lot of low-level unique wands that are very good.

3. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Thanks! Yeah, I'm playing in Normal. That's all I ever do, since none of my characters has ever been able to defeat Diablo and even got to Area V! And it's even harder now in 1.10, I guess.
    You can only get Charsi's imbue once, right? In later difficulties, she offers something else rather than an imbue, I think.

Jude

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

What do you mean by offer something else... She's a blacksmith not a prostitute:) You get the imbue in all 3 difficulties...of course the ones you get later on have a chance of being much better. You really need to get to act V, maybe post a thread about what's troubling you so we can help you. The game has a lot more to offer than just normal...

5. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

I read a guide somewhere that said in Nightmare and Hell, Charsi changes one of your item's names to have your Name (like "Jude's Bone Wand") rather than imbue an item to make something new. It sounded kind of lame, so I assumed that the Normal level imbue was the important one.

As for Diablo, he always hits me with the fire blast thing, kills my summons and mercs, and this is with a belt full of 12 full rejuv potions that keep upping my health and mana. With a necromancer, I even tried recasting my golem and casting casting Iron Maiden, so he would hurt himself when he hit my golem (I don't think Iron Maiden works against his fire blast). I don't mule or trade, so I only play with what I find/buy/gamble. My highest character is a 31 level bone/summoner necromancer.
    Do you know if an Assassin's Blade Sentinal does physical or magical damage?
    Thanks.
    Jude

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

try buying as many lightning resist items as you can from the vendors, Diablos big hurting attack (that isnt too easy to dodge) is lightning, get 75 light res, he will barely hurt you
    it's hard with a necromancer, if you use an assassin or paladin, diablo becomes a piece of cake ;)

Charsi imbues in all difficulties, if you kill nihaltik in act 5, anya will personalize an item for you

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Your thinking of anya who adds your name to an item of your choice (while keeping the stats). She's a chick with nice 'assets' in act 5, first you have to rescue her, then kill nithalek. Thats something for you too look forward to. :thumbsup:
    Charsi will offer the same reward once per difficulty. the imbuies should in theory get better the higher level you are (not the higher difficulty your in however) But that is a pretty good wand for a low level character.

8. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

You need to melee attack with the wand to get the life/mana leech the skull would give & based off the physical damage (3 to 7) that wouldn't help too much, but a skull would be neat for style points. :thumbsup:

9. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Thanks.
    Well, with the 80 poison damage, I thought I might as well spend some time smacking monsters! That's why putting in a skull would have been cool. Doesn't poison damage count as physical damage? What about when you socket stuff or have charms that give you fire/lightning/cold damage? Does life leech count that?
    Man, I'm starting to question all my game rule assumptions!
    Thank you everyone for all the clarifications and advice. I will make use of them.
    Jude

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Only physical damage counts to leeching. no elemental, magic or poison damage effects leech. However, if you have charms/jewels/other items with extra damage% on them, then that all counts to leech.