Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Conviction Question...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Bigman812, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Bigman812

Bigman812 IncGamers Member

Conviction Question...

The other day, I was in a game with a pure ice sorc. We were on our way to do the Anya quest. As most of you know, that place is FULL of cold immunes. I mean, everywhere you look, there is an ice immune. Anyways, this sorc was saying that she would be totally useless. Theoretically, she would be completely useless. But, I said "Don't worry, I have conviction". So us thinking that we would be in pretty damn good shape down there in the Frozen River considering conviction is supposed to remove immunes, I switched on conviction and we were off. To my surprise, my conviction aura had no effect on those undead zombie things that get back up after you cut them down. Conviction didn't do a damn thing. As far as I knew, conviction removes immunes. My conviction reduces an enemies resistance by 150%. Why is it not working? Can someone please give me an explaination of how conviction actually works and why it wouldn't work on those things? Thanks in advance.

2. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

first question did you convintion actrually lock on them.
    second question was those zombie you deal with champ, unique or just normal.

3. Phaeax

Phaeax IncGamers Member

4. kryo

kryo IncGamers Member

You also need to consider that conviction functions at a drastically reduced effectiveness against immunes. Since as far as I know the monsters in the Act 5 caves are naturally cold resistant, it is likely that the hell resist boost just puts them so high that your conviction can't get them below 100% resist.

5. Bigman812

Bigman812 IncGamers Member

Ahh... That explains it. Guess I'll have to find a necro with lower resist or something when I'm in a game with a bunch of sorcs. Thanks!